Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   THE LONDON MARATHON 26miles of hell! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/100817-london-marathon-26miles-hell.html)

SARETTA 04-16-2005 12:40 PM

THE LONDON MARATHON 26miles of hell!

Hey guys and girls,
I've swapped my engine power for pair of trainers and a gruelling 26.2mile run around London tomorrow morning, SUNDAY 17TH www.sarahdonohue.com at 9.45am

If you want to give Cancer Research a quick donation before my site closes at GMT midnight tonight...i think!! Then please go through the above link and it will redirect you to the 'Just Giving' site. I work a lot for 2 charities, this is one and St Dundstans Military Charity is the other. If I have to crawl around on my knees I'll get to the end. I'm thinking of going in fancy dress, in a bodybag to save time at the end :D

Please give, we have a few hours left and I'd like to reach my target which is only $1000, I have $750 already. 1 in 5 people get Cancer!

In November I'll be going straight from the Key West World Championships to the Canary Islands where I will be competing in the Transatlantic Rowing Race 3000miles for the Military Charity. 2 Months at sea in a Rowing boat, in the Worlds most extreme race, so I'll be back begging nearer the time!

Thankyou for your time...... If only I could do some of the 26miles in a boat on the Thames

love saretta!
www.sarahdonohue.com :evilb:

SARETTA 04-17-2005 12:31 PM

Re: THE LONDON MARATHON 26miles of hell!

I wanted to say thanks to the few of you that took me to my target!

My knees are killing me..... 17 miles was tough, anything after that just got worse

thanks again
saretta x

LostinBoston 04-17-2005 10:17 PM

good job on the run. I few of my friends are running the boston marathon tommorow. the most ive ever run in a day is 17 miles broken up in 3 sections and i was dying. good luck rowing too. i rowed on my crew team for a year and a half, by far the hardest sport ive ever done.

SARETTA 04-18-2005 04:56 AM

aw thanks honey..... rowing is new for me... but it's for charity so i'm happy to do it... although after 1 month at sea knowing there is another month to go I wont be saying that!!
any tips... or havent you rowed 3000 miles before :eek:

LostinBoston 04-18-2005 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by SARETTA
aw thanks honey..... rowing is new for me... but it's for charity so i'm happy to do it... although after 1 month at sea knowing there is another month to go I wont be saying that!!
any tips... or havent you rowed 3000 miles before :eek:

I got tons of tips, mainly, use your legs most and keep your back stiff shoulders relaxed and just use your arms to follow through, i see too many novieces pushing hard with their legs but their backs are folding so their leg power isnt getting put into the oar. then they try to wrestle the oar through the water with their arms and back which is inneficent, wears them out way too soon, is much slower and can cause injuries. The most I've ever rowed ina day was about 35-40 miles on the water.
Good luck again, im sure youll do awesome.