Notices

Loto Powerboat Club

Old 04-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loto Powerboat Club

Would like to put together a powerboat club at lake of the ozarks for the purpose of promoting social activities, apparel sales, boating products, ie ropes buoys, cleaning products, Sponsors for reduced fuel prices, winterizing and dewinterizing, mechanical work, repainting, gelcoat, boat cleaning. "Plan social get togethers, plan poker runs and set up plans and travel together for poker runs, have representation on future boating laws, potential sound laws, speed limits, no wake zones, also want to offer boating classes and maintenance schedule education for proper boating without problems, I can get bar participation for drink specials, logos, hoist and dock specials, I think its about time loto has a club like florida and some of the other powerboat states.We will have our own website for communication and event scheduling, I believe we would get alot of participation as the entire lake area continues to grow in powerboat numbers. The classes would be coast guard and water patrol approved and a representative could be present on boat education and ediquette, and also to check our boats to make sure they are legal and comply with all current laws and regulations so we can all boat without hassle, a team sticker would identify members and show safety class and approved coast gaurd compliance certification on yearly bases. fees initially would be 250-300$ but would come with alot of cost saving benefits and knowledge as well as friendship and potential business connections with all the members.The florida powerboat club is very strong and offers it members alot of benefits. email or call me if we can put a group together to start this. I have about 6 people now ready to go. thanks Jim Midwest performance marine. 636 236-4141
Old 04-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Registered

Default Re: Loto Powerboat Club

I would join, sign me up.

Mark Smith
Old 04-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Banned

There is a harbor hop in 2 weeks we could get everyone together there and just see what kind of interest there is. If anyone has a good idea and time to meet we can put it together pretty quickly. let me know and well all meet for a quick chat and cold brew. also since insurance is getting out of hand maybe our safety certification may have some influence with some of the maJOR INSURANCE carriers or we could get a group rate from a insurance sponsor and save us some premium dollars, especially the cat owners, usually with large groups companies will put together a special program, especially since everyone is committed to safety and will be well informed on safety issues, would go a long way in controlling our insurance costs.jim
Old 04-18-2005, 07:50 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm in...
Old 04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im in, I want to be on the board if there is one.

Wild
Old 04-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Banned

sounds like we can get a pretty good turn out, I'm going to call Dave Vandeberg--Getr'Done--- 36 nortech. he wants to help put it together. does someone have a good place and time we can all get together. We can advertise in boats, and local newspapers as well as at all the bar/ restaurants to get the word out. will try to secure website domain name. thanks jim
Old 04-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Banned

have had tons of calls supporting the loto p[owerboAT CLUB, PLEASE EMAIL OR PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP OUT PUTTING THIS THING TOGETHER,
Old 04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

You can count me in. Only issue I have is the condo is for sale and the new house will not be done until 4th quarter. And the new boat will also not be done until late 3rd or early 4th quarter.

So not sure how much I will be down this season. But maybe there will be a few things I can help out on.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would also love to join. Cant make it down until Memorial day though. If this goes keep us posted.

Thanks Rich