Notices

Madison...The movie

Old 04-15-2005, 02:53 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Madison...The movie

I went to the NYC screening the other night.

The theater was only about 5 % occupied.

The movie was..... Okay...not great.

Best part was the vintage boats themselves, but they kept them at very slow speeds to run together, and it reduced the excitement considerably.

Another great moment is the original movies in the closing credits.

Finally, seeing my announcing buddy, Jim Hendrick, in make up to look younger was a real riot.

The plot was obvious but not as well done or acted as Hoosiers...which was also obvious as I recall.

Worst part was the way they depicted the Bernie Little character. Bernie deserved better.

Jim Caviezel did a good job of portraying a simple country boy..... but, his character didn't seem like one that had the passion needed to drive a thunderboat.

I hope this movie does well.....but I have some doubts.

T2x
Old 04-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Madison...The movie

Probably wont do well and remeber it is a movie and they rarely reflect accurate real life events or even fictional book events very well.

Almost all authors hate movie versions of their books, Peter Benchley (sp) hated Jaws (steven spielbergs first movie), Tom Clancy doesn't like the movie versions of his books ( but they still cash the checks) and so on.

Hopefully the "general" public will enjoy the entertainment value and it will do well. Hard to tell what will work these days. Mrs Doubtfire had a bigger gross than Saving Private Ryan.

I think a boat version of cross between Hotdog the movie (skiing) and the first cannonball run would make some $$. Hotdog had some great skiing scenes and Shannon Tweeded naked. Cannonball run had some classic stars and if you checked your mind at the door was pretty funny at the time with some nice cars.

I just think with a decent (not too far fetched) storyline of david vs goliath, or versus the man (ala smokey & the bandit) some stars of today, some babes in bikinis, the hottest offshore boats in the world, great sound track and make it funny without a lot of the cheese you see in b movies today and I think some studio could have a very decent spring release.

What do I know but I'd like to see someone make it. Maybe I will start on the script and story board (they way steven spielberg did it for jaws)

I can see it now, you start with a shot of the transom of say Bacardi Silver at first light and fire it up, just like the diesel starting in Smokey....yea...this will work!
Old 04-19-2005, 05:56 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Madison...The movie

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Is it as good as the Elvis boat racin' movie Clambake?
Anything is better than that........ They put a Mandella race boat on a one of those kiddy horse machines you see outside of a supermarket and threw buckets of water in front of the camera lense with Elvis looking tense and racy.

Madison has a lot more actual on board stuff and overhead helicopter footage...... plus a plot that involved something other than Elvis singing...and winning the big prize and the girl.

T2x