Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boatlifts why do they cost more than a car ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/101178-boatlifts-why-do-they-cost-more-than-car.html)

Cigaretteman 04-20-2005 09:40 AM

Boatlifts why do they cost more than a car ?

I am looking for a boatlift that will fit a Cigarette Tiger and was gonna get a Boatfloat lift but with a pricetag of 16.500 $ plus shipping to Europe and 37,5 % tax I am looking at over 25.000 $ !!! I can buy 2 cars for that price. Then I was asking about a Sunstream floatlift which is a real nice lift too but price on that is 24.500 $ WTF ???

Is it me or are these prices cracy ? Anyone have any suggestions on getting a cheaper lift or maby have a floating lift they want to part with ?

Cigaretteman

CigDaze 04-20-2005 09:43 AM

Re: Boatlifts why do they cost more than a car ?

Because it has the word "boat" in it. :rolleyes:

Yes, the prices are crazy.

LostinBoston 04-20-2005 09:44 AM

37.5% tax, holy crap thats alot. theres your problem whcih is making it so expensive

Stormrider 04-20-2005 09:47 AM

www.airdock.com

Should be much less $$, and easier to ship.

hillbilly24 04-20-2005 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
37.5% tax, holy crap thats alot. theres your problem whcih is making it so expensive

I bleieve that is the only tax they pay though, no income tax or anything else. when youa dd it up they actually spend less they we do on tax.

Cigaretteman 04-20-2005 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
www.airdock.com

Should be much less $$, and easier to ship.

I have one for my Top Gun but I want one where I can walk on the side of the boat.

Cigaretteman 04-20-2005 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
I bleieve that is the only tax they pay though, no income tax or anything else. when youa dd it up they actually spend less they we do on tax.

Are you crazy ! I pay 55% incomtax ! On top of that there are a sales tax of 25% on everything ! and an import tax on 12,5% how would you like a trade :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cigaretteman

Stormrider 04-20-2005 10:27 AM

Cigman, you can walk on this, but only when inflated.

Chart 04-20-2005 10:29 AM

Boat lifts are not rocket science. You could hire someone skilled to build you one for less. You might start with an old trailer, and install tanks under it, powered with a couple of shop vacs, and design a bracket system to control the way it raises and lowers.

Cigaretteman 04-20-2005 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chart
Boat lifts are not rocket science. You could hire someone skilled to build you one for less. You might start with an old trailer, and install tanks under it, powered with a couple of shop vacs, and design a bracket system to control the way it raises and lowers.

I have considered that but I would prefere buying a finished one. However that might be what I will end up doing.

Cigaretteman