Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who makes welded aluminum trailers?? >

Who makes welded aluminum trailers??

Notices

Who makes welded aluminum trailers??

Old 05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never seen a bolted trailer break, but welds do break. Do a search on here. Btw, one of my best friends went to high school with the guys from Owens and Sons. They do build a real nice trailer.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:14 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Ca$hed out just put a nice looking welded aluminum trailer under his new 32 SS. Can't remember who built it but it wasn't Myco.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Try Manning trailers. He does excellent work. Fully welded tube aluminum.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
Ca$hed out just put a nice looking welded aluminum trailer under his new 32 SS. Can't remember who built it but it wasn't Myco.
His is a Manning.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Ca$hed Out just had his Manning custom made, and he is very happy with it. It turned out sharp, and appears to have every bit of quality as the Myco less the pricetag.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

i have the first manning aluminum trailer made, or should i say the second. the first was such an ill fitting poorly made POS that the guys at saber forced manning to build another one and scrap the first one. the second one is very nice, but it took over a year to make it happen. be careful
Old 05-02-2007, 08:41 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stay away from a company called Bear.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
I've never seen a bolted trailer break, but welds do break. Do a search on here. Btw, one of my best friends went to high school with the guys from Owens and Sons. They do build a real nice trailer.
Exactly. The Myco's are awesome trailers, but honestly they are still a trailer and it is a personal decision if you want to spend the money on one. My Hi-Tech trailer, which is bolted construction, and relatively inexpensive as far as trailers go, got my Powerplay safely home from Miami to CT and in the water every weekend last summer. If anyone honestly believes that the "flexing" of the "lighter" trailer is that much of a danger to their precious boat, they probably should get a better tow vehicle, or a better built boat. I simply do not buy the theory that the bolted trailers are so prone to flex, that your boat will crack in half, and your tow vehicle will be bounced off the road due to the harmonic vibrations of the trailer. If you want the best of the best, buy a Myco. If you want a solid trailer that you tow behind a competant tow vehicle....don't be afraid of bolted trailers. They work just fine.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JROMY
If you want the best of the best, buy a Myco. If you want a solid trailer that you tow behind a competant tow vehicle....don't be afraid of bolted trailers. They work just fine.
I think it's more important to sport the name. I've had the same Fastload aluminum bolted trailer under my fishboat for 19 years. I've changed springs twice, due to corrosion of all salt water use, other than that, no problems. I recovered the bunks a few years ago, and the cypress they were made of, were still solid as a rock. I paid $3500 for the triple axle trailer with ss bolts, and flush kit for my 302 Formula in 2004. I bet a Myco that same size, to do the same job (get the boat to the water) would cost three times that much. I'm not much into buying items for the prestige of ownership only.

Last edited by cuda; 05-03-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered

I have a great 2005 Magictilt 2660 bolted aluminium For sale at a great price. Tandem axle, forward bunks, 4 wheel disc, radials, and a spare tire w/hub. Only seen water once! Now the boat is gone. But it towed my old 24' Banana from Boston to Boca Raton twice straight as an arrow at 80mph. No shakes, rattles or anythnig else. I'll be picking it up in Miami Memorial day weekend to bring it back north empty. Let me know if your interested.

Quick Reply: Who makes welded aluminum trailers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.