Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Now we know why it quit running (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/101744-now-we-know-why-quit-running.html)

t500hps 04-26-2005 09:24 PM

Now we know why it quit running

3 Attachment(s)
Sunday a week ago my fun came to an end. I expected to be rebuilding motors later this year but this is a little early. To my suprise the port motor had a new Mercruiser long block installed just months before I bought the boat in Nov 04. (You'd think the dealer would have mentioned that???)
Dave Howard is getting me back on the water. If anyone needs a mechanic, he's a good guy to work with. (Just don't calll him until after mines fixed!!! :D )

OldSchool 04-26-2005 09:30 PM

Re: Now we know why it quit running

That really sucks!! I guess that if you want some thing positive out of this (which I know is hard to do at this point!!) :( , It's probably better that it happened now instead of in June or July when all of the mechanics are busier than one-armed wallpaper hangers!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on the water this summer. :drink: Hang in there!

Craig

Sean H 04-26-2005 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
That really sucks!! I guess that if you want some thing positive out of this (which I know is hard to do at this point!!) :( , It's probably better that it happened now instead of in June or July when all of the mechanics are busier than one-armed wallpaper hangers!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on the water this summer. :drink: Hang in there!

Craig

i personally wouldn't hire a one armed wallpaper hanger... is that discrimination?

robyw1 04-26-2005 09:32 PM

I checked with the engineers at MerCruiser and they say it don't look too bad. You might get another 20 hours out of it in a pinch. :D

Roby

t500hps 04-27-2005 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by sutphen30
wow that sucks,,jcperf would buff that piston out and reuse it. :D wonder why the second long block let go??

Used boat, unknown type of useage, 380 hours.
At least I'll be on the water soon with 2 new long blocks, a 1 year old gimbal ring and a new gimbal ring.

45sonic 04-27-2005 07:36 AM

Dam Russ, hate to see that on any engine, BUT at least like Craig said it happened now and not when you really want to be boating.

Sea ya out this year

Bill & Patti

t500hps 04-27-2005 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by 43Thunder
Dam Russ, hate to see that on any engine, BUT at least like Craig said it happened now and not when you really want to be boating.

Sea ya out this year

Bill & Patti

That's what James (excursion) kept saying, although the repair bill will be hard to swallow. This is part of the reason I wanted to get out and run the boat some in the early spring. Also wanted a chance to get familiar with the boat before the weather was nice and had bikini distractions!! :evilb:
I am looking forward to meeting some OSO people this summer too. Will be in the RPBA poker run and the fun run that hits Solomons, Baltimore, Red Eyes weekend of Aug 1. Seeya soon

offshoredrillin 04-27-2005 08:03 AM

Guess another upside is now you will have two very healthy longblocks and starting with a fresh slate on maintenence you know it will be done right...