Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lawn sculpture no more... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102152-lawn-sculpture-no-more.html)

offshoredrillin 05-01-2005 08:37 PM

Lawn sculpture no more...

Today was the maiden voyage for my Tiger, her official name is "Bad Girl". While stopping and filling it up before we hit the water, we got to meet Spicy(Pat) Ted,(inspectech) and Velocity Mike were at pier 7 when we dropped, so I do have witness's:D (JC and Masher)...WOW what a day, I had my best day of boating in my life!!! I'll downlaod the pics at my shop tomorrow. I couldnt have been more pleased with the handling of the Tiger, we topped out at 71, it was rough out, we had 6 footers, a couple times I launched and had a couple/few seconds of air time..especially off the wake of a cargo ship in the bay:evilb:... I love the way my 311 handled, but hands down the length and power of the Tiger won me over, acceleration was perfect, when I first heard it run, I thought, man its quiet, but at speed its much, MUCH louder than I thought(which is a good thing). Thanks again to everyone that helped me get to this point with it. Today was more of a test and tune,I kept the tabs semi nuetral most of the time, to get a feel for the drives, then started using them, I'm still not used to left hand tab controls ,docking was a breeze, the trailer worked flawlessly... Victor, thanks for taking such good care of it, I couldnt be more pleased with my purchase...Rob

Formula Outlaw 05-01-2005 08:40 PM

Re: Lawn sculpture no more...

Congratulations....:drink: :drink:

Ted G 05-01-2005 08:43 PM

Rob, great meeting you today, glad to hear the boat was everything you were looking for. It is a beauty. Since you got back in one piece I guess the "christening" worked :D I already posted a crappy camera phone pic of you guys leaving, lo def will not do it justice, get some good pics up soon.

VelocityMike 05-01-2005 08:45 PM

Rob great meeting you today...obat looked great look forward to hanging out with you this summer!!!!

offshoredrillin 05-01-2005 08:47 PM

Thanks Russ, Ted, most of the pics we got are wake and rollers, lol..Most were prrof that it's not afraid of the water ahem, sean H...It still was a blast, we went the Kent island tour route and up the Severn, and blasted back out, met a couple guys with a warlock at pier 7, i'm still pumped at the ride, was incredible!!, pics will be up 1st thing in the AM...Rob

The christening was the key as far as I'm concerned:D

OldSchool 05-01-2005 08:56 PM

Congrats Rob...it was a little bit windy today!! :eek: :eek:

offshoredrillin 05-01-2005 08:59 PM

duuuuuuudeeeeee, shoulda been there you woulda loved it, there were times where both mine and my buddy Del's feet werent touching the deck, i'm not sure what was louder, our laughing and having a ball or the motors, cig builds one HELL of a boat!!

t500hps 05-01-2005 09:17 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!

GLH 05-01-2005 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
...cig builds one HELL of a boat!!

I would agree with that... glad your enjoying the new ride.

Cash Bar 05-01-2005 09:44 PM

Congrats! I was around Victor in that thing many times. It's a beauty and I'm sure you will enjoy.