Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Look at the size of this Snook I caught (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102268-look-size-snook-i-caught.html)

BlakeandBrock 05-03-2005 08:11 AM

Look at the size of this Snook I caught

I decided to take off work a bit early the other day and went jiggin with my dad.

First cast I land a huge snook. A 40''er that had to weigh 25-30lbs.. The snook was a beast.

The direct link is here...www.todaysfishing.com

Anyone else do some fishing?

Waterfoul 05-03-2005 08:29 AM

Re: Look at the size of this Snook I caught

I fish a LOT. Mostly largemouth and smallmouth bass though... not a lot of Snook in Michigan!

gotime34 05-03-2005 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We fish up here in Long Island Sound with a 29' Aquasport. Lots of good Striper and Blue's, fluke, black fish, and some other random stuff. Also do some bass fishing in the local lakes and ponds. In the Scarab we go for two legged Tuna, bearded clams, and occasionally snack on pink tacos.

Brad 05-03-2005 09:43 AM

Nice fish! Can't believe you got it on the first cast. Wish I had that kind of luck! :cool:

BlakeandBrock 05-03-2005 10:27 AM

yeah i wish i took a picture so that you could see how fat this snook was.

of course it's not snook season so I didnt keep it, plus even if it was snook season its too big to keep anyways.

that would of been one hell of a dinner

salesmanship 05-03-2005 11:04 AM

Wow! Where?

BlakeandBrock 05-03-2005 11:07 AM

I live in sarasota/bradenton. We were Flats fishing of course and I was just south of sister key. We ended up catching a few reds the rest of the day, but it was so windy it was hard to do anything really....

Wardey 05-03-2005 11:14 AM

Nice Fish !!! White bait? I've seen ALOT of Red's and Snook this year. Alot of activity in the water. I counted about 20 NICE size snook under my dock the other morning. Dave Warden

BlakeandBrock 05-03-2005 11:26 AM

I was just using a jerk bait, jigging through the holes south of sister key. My dad fishes about 3 times a week. The man lives for fishing, and I fish here and there when I can.

It was windy as heck yesterday so we stayed up near the mangroves to dodge it.

BlakeandBrock 05-03-2005 02:40 PM

the best time to fish from what i hear is during the week. Weekends are too busy with boats and people. Too much activity.