Notices

New Trim tab

Old 04-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Trim tab

OMFG! is all I have to day about this thing
Here is a few pics of the comparison versus what I HAD to what I will be putting on.

THANK you Trick Marine for allowing me to have a 30' boat
Attached Thumbnails New Trim tab-2005_0412image0023.jpg   New Trim tab-2005_0412image0024.jpg   New Trim tab-2005_0412image0025.jpg  

Old 04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Trim tab

Glad you got better service than I did. I asked if the tabs would work on a 41 APACHE before I bought them and the answer was yes, and when they didn't.......

you get the picture

Robert
Old 04-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Can I ask why they would NOT work on your boat?
I actually still have not cut the acces hole to get to my transom to mount this.
I am nervous about it
I have talked with the factory designer and he said it would work. So that is what I am giong on
Old 04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tonto
Glad you got better service than I did. I asked if the tabs would work on a 41 APACHE before I bought them and the answer was yes, and when they didn't.......

you get the picture

Robert

why wouldn't they work on an apache?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat
Can I ask why they would NOT work on your boat?
I actually still have not cut the acces hole to get to my transom to mount this.
I am nervous about it
I have talked with the factory designer and he said it would work. So that is what I am giong on

get that thing on and post some pics already...
Old 04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

!!!!!!!!!!NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!

I will NOT let this turn into a BASH thread.
It WILL get deleted if others want this, because I DO NOT!

Last edited by MnFastBoat; 04-12-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

Look what I got today... Fred, is there another box coming with the pumps and accessories?
Attached Thumbnails New Trim tab-tab1.jpg  
Old 04-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Registered

The problem I had with the tabs is that the hydraulic cylinder only has a 2.25" travel compared to 3.50" of travel of the Lightnings. The newer Dana's have the 3.50" of travel. Last time I talked to Fred, (Febuary '05) the correction was on the way, Fred, you know that I'm back in Georgia, and we've talked many times over this. I DO NOT want this to turn into a bashing thread either, I was just giving my opinion, since I have not heard anything since Febuary. I think the quality of the Dana tab is great. The finish is better than ANYTHING out there! It is unequaled(sp) in quality of finish of ANY other tab out there. My problem was with the length of the actuator and the amout of "down" tab that I have. But, I did ask if they would work on this boat before hand, and was told "yes", this IS the same tab that I am putting on my boat, then I notice that someone put the Mercury direct replacement tab on their boat that has the 3.50" of travel in the cylinder. I will have these up for sale in a week or two if anyone wants them. My personal feelings are that Dana should send me a set of the tabs that will work on my boat. Enough said.

Robert
Old 04-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Registered

Fred,
My problem is NOT with you, you have been stand-up the whole way through this, my problem is with Dana saying that the tabs would work and then they didn't and the last time we spoke, Dana said the fix was on the way, then I haven't heard a word. Fred, I will call you tomorrow (4/13) and hopefully we can get this settled between me and Dana. I do not want you to eat these tabs, I want Dana to, you have been nothing but stand up to me. They should have known that ANY tab that was on ANY offshore boat had a 3.50" actuactor and they said their's would work, go figure. Even if I was taking off a set of 280 tabs, they have 3.50" of travel. And YOU called them for me and asked if their's would work, and THEY said YES, as far as I'm concerned, it's THEIR problem, THEY should "eat" it. I'm sorry this came out here, but I got tired of waiting for a reply from Dana to fix my problem.

Robert
Old 05-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Here is a pic with it installed
Attached Thumbnails New Trim tab-2005_0503home0009.jpg   New Trim tab-2005_0503home0010.jpg  

Quick Reply: New Trim tab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.