Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gaffrig?Lavorsi?Gaffrig performance????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102374-gaffrig-lavorsi-gaffrig-performance.html)

MnFastBoat 05-04-2005 08:59 AM

Gaffrig?Lavorsi?Gaffrig performance?????

2 Attachment(s)
who is who
what is what
where to go.
Attatched is a pic of my orginal Trim tab gauge. I am in need of parts for it.
I sent Gaffrig Performance an email and was notified it is a 'knock off'

So can someone enlighten me on who the REAL maker of this indicator is

thank you :)

PhantomChaos 05-04-2005 09:11 AM

Re: Gaffrig?Lavorsi?Gaffrig performance?????

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah...there was a whole law suit for years about that.......I think the guys who made yours is Lavorsi, and now they call themselves that too.....it sucks.

I upgraded my dash with a few more gauges and didn't want to pony-up and get all new gauges so now the label (logo) isn't the same, even though the guages are made by the same people.

:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :chimp: :chimp:

Ms PatriYacht 05-04-2005 09:13 AM

there was a law suit where Livorsi got the use of his name back. He posted a detailed thread about it a year or so ago, do a search. You might want to talk with To Old on Livorsi stuff, he might even have some of the old stuff laying around

Ed 05-04-2005 09:18 AM

If Gaffrig Performance did'nt claim it was there's...Then it is an older "Gaffrig by Livorsi" product, which is now called just plain "Livorsi Marine". Gaffrig Performance was the older/original company that the courts recently sided with, as to who had the rights to the "Gaffrig" name. For what it's worth, both have a good product line & good customer service. When you are servicing these indicators, it does get a bit confusing. Ed

Back4More 05-04-2005 09:27 AM

Yeah thats sucks...thanks god when I did my dash they already switched to the new logo.

Roger 1 05-04-2005 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
there was a law suit where Livorsi got the use of his name back. He posted a detailed thread about it a year or so ago, do a search. You might want to talk with To Old on Livorsi stuff, he might even have some of the old stuff laying around

Mike Livorsi always had the use of his name. What was in question was the use of the name ''Gaffrig''. Mike lost the suit and now uses his own name "Livorsi'' and under that name provides a wide variation of high quality products and excellent customer service.
In my opinion,and I`m sure in the opinion of most board members as well, Livorsi would be your best chioce.

MnFastBoat 05-04-2005 11:02 AM

Thanks guys
I am not all to concerned about the name label since it is the only guage with that name.
More concerned about the availability of a part for mine so I do not have to pony up $250 for a whole new unit that may or may not fit my current opening.
I have sent an email to Livorsi tech and hopefully they resond soon

Brad Zastrow 05-04-2005 02:05 PM

That looks like a an old Gaffrig by Livorsi Marine. They are not knock-offs they are simply the best. A lot of name brand OEM's use Livorsi.