Notices

5k more for Myco Trailer

Old 05-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: 5k more for Myco Trailer

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
How much of the 5 grand will be left after you have to have the hull redone from bunks set up wrong?
Have you ever even touched a wrench? Why would anybody leave thier bunks "set up wrong" long enough to f'up the boat. They are so easy to work with to get a perfect fit...

OMG...the drama...

The sky is falling!...The sky is falling!

My Towmaster aluminum loaded right the first time, every time for 6 years.

Last edited by Rippem; 05-05-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
and if you're not entirely happy with the fit of the big cypress bunks to the bottom of the boat...an afternoon of adjustment and whitling will achieve perfection, requiring only basic skills.
This is the whole point, why have to spend a weekend whittling on wood and pulling the boat in and out to check?, the smallest indent could create a hook or depression in the hull. How much is your time worth? For me it was an easy decision. 5K is worth it for me to not have to try to fit something, I'm not a hull expert, and I feel you about spending that kind of coin on your boat.. why have a Ferrari and drive on recaps?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for all the good feedback. I know I've been unfriendly the last few months.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Have you ever even touched a wrench? Why would anybody leave thier bunks "set up wrong" long enough to f'up the boat. They are so easy to work with to get a perfect fit...

OMG...the drama...

The sky is falling!...The sky is falling!

My Towmaster aluminum loaded right the first time, every time for 6 years.
Ummm yea, touched many wrenches and built many fast cars, but unlike some people I dont claim to know all, and i know my limitations, You have fun with your trailer and I'll have fun with mine, your cheap, I'm not nuff said.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
This is the whole point, why have to spend a weekend whittling on wood and pulling the boat in and out to check?, the smallest indent could create a hook or depression in the hull. How much is your time worth? For me it was an easy decision. 5K is worth it for me to not have to try to fit something
exactly my point.

If a short afternoon is a weekend's work to you...yea, you should have a Myco.

And this is all conjecture based upon the fit to begin with.

Have you owned both custom and aluminum trailers? say...two to four of both? I have.

The trend on this board is that it's easy to spend other people's money.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Registered

Do you see cheap in my sig pic?

Oh...I forgot you have a Cigarette.

I'm out. I'm sure Downtown will do the right thing based upon his pocketbook, and his real-world needs for a trailer.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:34 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Myco are the best but I'm with Rippem....I'm turning a wrench if need be and using a "knock-off". 42 ft aluminum Fastload w/ 8 1/2 inch beams, S.S. hardware, S.S. disc brakes, 6k lbs torsion axels, 20k brake assembly, 3k jack stand, 16 inch radials w/ matching spare. Price was around 7k. used the trailer for several boats and never had any problems. Is a couple hours of your time (only if needed) worth 5k???

PS The trailer listed above was fine until someone T-boned it and it was totaled. Current trailer is just as described above wxcept shorter to fit the current boat.

Last edited by t500hps; 05-05-2005 at 08:50 AM. Reason: addl info
Old 05-05-2005, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

yep, ahve owned fastloads, easy loaders and a couple other off brands, I checked into them when I was buying the tiger, and I spent my money on the Myco, he asked for opinions, and he got mine based upon my research, I wouldnt tell someone to by a Myco if I didnt own one.

As far as an afternoon of doing the work, your right, my time with my daughter and enjoying life is much more valuable than having to fine tune something that should be done when you purchase it. I certainly can justify 5K for perfection, the point is how can you justify 7K for something that kind of fits?
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Myco and it was a great trailer! I would suggest shopping around for a better deal on a Myco. When I bought mine it was priced very competitive with other trailers.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Do you see cheap in my sig pic?

Oh...I forgot you have a Cigarette.

I'm out. I'm sure Downtown will do the right thing based upon his pocketbook, and his real-world needs for a trailer.
I have a Formula Too ...

Quick Reply: 5k more for Myco Trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.