Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   For the life of me, I can't figure this out.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102469-life-me-i-cant-figure-out.html)

throttleup 05-05-2005 03:08 PM

Re: For the life of me, I can't figure this out....

This is very common believe it or not!

Julie

Waterfoul 05-05-2005 03:09 PM

Wetvette, I of course will leave you out of the "dumb" set... I mean your boat only wieghs about 200 lbs! LOL!!! On a smaller boat with a LOT less wieght to push, I can see a Bravo lasting a while... but on bigger boats..... :rolleyes:

Sean H 05-05-2005 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
It the above is true, than I'm afraid we may be reading some bad news here on OSO this summer. :( :(

Stupid, if you ask me. I wonder how a 33 cat handles at 140+mph with only one drive. :rolleyes:

it will handle like a tetherball..... :eek:

customryder 05-05-2005 04:03 PM

i have friend with a awesome cat 38' hes putting in 850hp with the imco 4x4 drives what do you think? i fell he is asking for trouble. i thought he would be ok with the 575s he switch because of drive trouble... here we go again

f311fr1 05-05-2005 06:37 PM

Did you see the pic of Jeff (poodle) and Wassabe in the mag? Joe

Waterfoul 05-06-2005 05:36 PM

Yeah, Jeffrey actually got in the mag. a couple of times. There's even a picture of Norty!!!

They do look like 4x4 drives (have the chrome steel gimbal rings) but still..... seems like UNDERkill to me.

GLH 05-06-2005 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
...I can't figure this out....

Somehow I think that's your "zone". :D:D:D

Waterfoul 05-07-2005 01:03 AM

Man, I can't wait to get to Vermont in 4 weeks... I'm gonna figure out that pride/group/gaggle of tigers thing.... :D

Anarchy Powerboats 05-07-2005 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
I think he was probably more worried about killing himself then blowing up a customers drive. This krap with putting Bravos behind 650 HP and up engines on 100 MPH + cats its just plain unsafe. One of those drives goes, and it will, and things could get ugly real quick.

Case in point not to bring up a sad subject, HTM :(

Formula Outlaw 05-07-2005 08:33 AM

Common sense, to me anyway, is if you can't afford to put reliable drives on that type of boat, you can't afford the boat. What's your, or someone else's life worth?

This is where ego gets in the way of "smart". My two cents.