Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spent a beautiful day on the boat....... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102651-spent-beautiful-day-boat.html)

t500hps 05-07-2005 08:26 PM

Spent a beautiful day on the boat.......

1 Attachment(s)
Too bad it was in the back yard!
While having a motor rebuilt I took the time to clean up the bilge. Sandblast and paint hardware, general cleaning/ inspect, replace bilge pumps, etc.(those items you can't get to while both motors are in)
Just a suggestion for anyone in the same position I'm in....These pumps were all loose. The entire assembly must be removed from the bulkhead to tighten the bolts that hold them in place. It was ALOT easier with the motor out.
Make sure you guys get in and look around for anything that is loose while you can.

NJgr8ful 05-07-2005 08:53 PM

Re: Spent a beautiful day on the boat.......

yo russ, Sorry bout the engine :( how long before your engine is done and you're back on the water? Your ride is waiting for you! :drink:

Chris

t500hps 05-07-2005 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
yo russ, Sorry bout the engine :( how long before your engine is done and you're back on the water? Your ride is waiting for you! :drink:

Chris

Was hoping for next weekend, but that may be optimistic. Probably going to be 2 weeks from now. Turns out the other block was a Mercruiser Factory re-man just 2 months before I bought the boat (and the dealer didn't tell me!!!)

offshoredrillin 05-07-2005 09:58 PM

had mine out today, have some good baselines now for prop adjustment:D, what a great evening cruise!!

excursion 05-07-2005 10:09 PM

Why dont you get some pics of the wife cleaning the boat if you know what I mean!!!! :evilb:

offshoredrillin 05-08-2005 05:21 AM

Wives are more expensive than boats:D, I'll stick to the boat:evilb: I'm happily divorced, I will get some pics of the annual stripper cruise soon enough.

t500hps 05-08-2005 08:07 AM

I know he was talking to me Rob. James seems to think getting his truck washed at my house is worth a few hundred bucks for some reason :rolleyes:
Just so you know James, I have over 3 GB of truck washing photos, but this is the wrong section!!!

offshoredrillin 05-08-2005 10:32 AM

ohhhhh those pics, I remeber them and yes this IS the wrong section, I'm envious of Russ for that:D

NJgr8ful 05-08-2005 11:46 AM

I thought eX was referring to t500hps' wife :eek: :D

PS ... that sucks dude on the ra-man block :mad: :hothead: Are you going to ask the dealer about it?

t500hps 05-08-2005 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
I thought eX was referring to t500hps' wife :eek: :D

PS ... that sucks dude on the ra-man block :mad: :hothead: Are you going to ask the dealer about it?

He was....
The re-man block is an improvement. The new block is a mercruiser factory re-maunfactured not rebuilt...(basically means they used all new parts as I understand it) It only has about 10 hours on it and the original would have had around 380 hrs. Just suprised that it wasn't brought up, I still would have bought it I think.