Yardhouse Parking, Long Beach Calif >

Yardhouse Parking, Long Beach Calif

Notices

Old 05-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the last two years the City Of Long Beach has taken the docks away that are directly under the Yardhouse in Long Beach. They put in sailboats to make it a more user friendly space with less noise. Well that is going to change starting Memorial Day Weekend. Friends of mine are making arrangements to take over the docks below the Yardhouse so that you the powerboater or daycruiser can pull up and dock so that you can go upstairs and enjoy the food at the Yardhouse and Tequila Jacks next door. There will be an hourly dock charge for your boat and the docks are set up for boats up to and including 42ft. The reason the powerboaters were asked to leave the first time is that people were drinking and playing loud music on their boats at the docks. For this to work while you boat is tied up the music has to stay low and NO achohol is to be consumed on the boat. If you must have a drink go upstairs and buy your drink from the two resturaunts. Right now there are very few lunch and dinner places that you can tie up by boat and enjoy your time so hopefully this new arrangement will benefit everyone. The hourly charge has not been determined yet and it will be by a private company not the city. But this private company happens to have large amounts of boating experience so it should be very user friendly. Within the next week I will post the hourly charge so that you know what to expect. If things work right we could set up weekend show and shine contests and any other deal that would make sense. If you have any questions about this new place to hang out please email me and I will try to answer your questions. This arangement will be in place starting Memorial weekend and will go every weekend until Labor Day. Happy Boating. My email address is ***********@aol.com
Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

Default Re: Yardhouse Parking, Long Beach Calif

PS there will be 18 spaces availible of which two can hold a 42 foot tiger and the other 16 are limited to 38 feet. Lets get southern Calif boating back to where it was and come and have lunch and or dinner
Old 05-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow!!!! Great news Jeff.

This will change SCOPE around for the better..... easier for everyone to meet up and run their boats.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Banned

If you are a scope member and pay to dock, the yardhouse will give you a 10% discount on your dinner bill. Such a deal.