Place to launch in Grand Haven >

Place to launch in Grand Haven

Notices

Place to launch in Grand Haven

Old 05-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Place to launch in Grand Haven

I'm looking for a place to launch in Grand Haven MI where I could leave my truck/trailer for 6 days while I go to Traverse area.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Re: Place to launch in Grand Haven

You can launch at the city ramp on the Grand River, your truck and trailer should be fine there. That where I launch my 41, its located just off the hy-way. Exit just before the bridge the road will take you under the hyway and at the stop sign turn right and a quater mile down the ramps drive way is another right. Steve
Old 05-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dukenrock
I'm looking for a place to launch in Grand Haven MI where I could leave my truck/trailer for 6 days while I go to Traverse area.
Just on the north side of Grand Haven is a large set of beautiful public docks. Heading north if you cross the river you have gone too far. They are tricky to find but follow the boat ramp signs and be patient. The parking lot is huge.

E-Mail BOATME. Mark will be able to give you exacting directions. My avatar was taken at the ramp in Grand Haven.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Registered

These both sound like the same place. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Been launching and boating in Grand Haven most of my life. I would NOT leave my truck and trailer parked at the Municipal boat ramp for 6 days. A) I don't beleive it's allowed, and B) I value my vehicles too much to leave them anywhere out in the open like that for more than a day unattended.

As was suggested earlier, Boatme might have an idea of where to leave it. If you need some help, I could be talked into driving your rig somewhere to store it and making sure it's back at the ramp on the day you need it back there. Be happy to help.

Mike
Old 05-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Registered

I took advice in the Sandusky Area about a launch where I could leave the rig for several days at a time and it turned out to be a good choice. I get nervous leaving it unattended even for a day. Thanks for the offer. If I can't find something suitable I may take you up on it. Do you wax it before you bring it back?
Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Been launching and boating in Grand Haven most of my life. I would NOT leave my truck and trailer parked at the Municipal boat ramp for 6 days. A) I don't beleive it's allowed, and B) I value my vehicles too much to leave them anywhere out in the open like that for more than a day unattended.

As was suggested earlier, Boatme might have an idea of where to leave it. If you need some help, I could be talked into driving your rig somewhere to store it and making sure it's back at the ramp on the day you need it back there. Be happy to help.

Mike
Old 05-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Wax? We don't need no stinkin wax!!

I only say don't leave it there because I believe it's not allowed at that ramp... it's a busy ramp. You can call the Municipal Marina at: (616) 847-3478 or (616) 842-2550 and ask them in person. One of my co-workers is married to the manager, let me know if you need any "pushing" on my part! LOL!!!

Link to the site:

http://www.grandhaven.org/department...ch/marina.html
Old 05-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Registered

I'll do some checking around and see what I come up with. I pm'd Boatme too.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

When you planning this trip anyway?
Old 05-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

I'll be launching in Grand Haven on July 11th and returning from the Tarverse Bay area on July 16th. If the weather is good and I can get a slip to finish the weekend in Grand Haven I'll do that.

Quick Reply: Place to launch in Grand Haven

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.