WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Notices

WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 02:28 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Rottiguy
hey T2x what should my fuel pressure be at? im set at 40-45psi right now
The engines will monitor the fuel pressure...... we showed 38 lbs at the top of the fuel rail...but I never trusted the gauges....... It is most imporatant that you do not have fluctuations..... and/or impediments in the system. It is possible to have good pressure but insufficient flow rate....... Who rigged the boat?

T2x
Old 05-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He is away today but the boat was previously the Spirit of Texas race boat if memory serves me correctly. The fuel system was rigged locally last year by a guy named Gary Raegan. The last few people who have worked on the boat are responsible for many of the problems that have come up for example a lower falling off at about 90. Any suggestions on what to check for or would photos of the set up help?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:36 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rbr2328
He is away today but the boat was previously the Spirit of Texas race boat if memory serves me correctly. The fuel system was rigged locally last year by a guy named Gary Raegan. The last few people who have worked on the boat are responsible for many of the problems that have come up for example a lower falling off at about 90. Any suggestions on what to check for or would photos of the set up help?
If, I'm not mistaken, you aren't too far from Mercury's X Site.... Why not take the boat down there and let them take a look at it? They have all the parts, testing tools etc, to get it right.

My hull was built at the same time as yours and there were a lot of issues around the pickups in the tanks...... a strange french drain kind of contraption was in each one..... Once these were replaced the fuel issues ceased.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 05-17-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

My hull was built at the same time as yours and there were a lot of issues around the pickups in the tanks...... a strange french drain kind of contraption was in each one..... Once these were replaced the fuel issues ceased.

T2x
Would a 2003 model have these same issues Rich?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:45 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Would a 2003 model have these same issues Rich?
I doubt it..... The hulls we're talking about (mine and this one).... are early race models of the 28. built in 93-94. The pickups in the newer boats are much simpler.

I'm not even sure that the original pickups in my boat came from Skater or some later rigger.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 05-17-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I doubt it..... The hulls we're talking about (mine and this one).... are early race models of the 28. built in 93-94. The pickups in the newer boats are much simpler.

I'm not even sure that the pickups in my boat came from Skater or some later rigger.

T2x
Thanks. I have been looking at an 03 recently and figured it should be ready to go with no problems. Has 300's and should fly, assuming it was setup correctly at Skater. It has 40 original hours.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbr2328
A lower falling off at 90????? Thats terrible. What happened to the boat? Did it spin out?
Old 05-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Brandon is it the red one in the classifieds??
Old 05-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it didnt spin out, but the other day we had a motor shut down at 106, its pretty scarry. If a fuel pump isnt pumping enough fuel will the computer shut down a motor? I only have probs out of the side with the "funny" fuel pump. I have a replacement on the way. Im gonna switch them out and see what happens.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:23 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Thanks. I have been looking at an 03 recently and figured it should be ready to go with no problems. Has 300's and should fly, assuming it was setup correctly at Skater. It has 40 original hours.

this is how it starts.... then you will look for a 36, then the 40, then you will have your very own 46.... trust me, i am doing it right now... nor-tech next, then that cool looking one i have on my computer that tyson sent me...

Quick Reply: WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.