Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!! >

WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Notices

WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Any pics yet ? I would love to see some, my fuel system is very simple. Dont even have a slosh tank.

CM
Old 05-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Registered

Ill get some up this weekend.....
Old 05-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Firewalker

I cannot post any pictures here I let my membership lapse. I have some I can e-mail if you like.

I have only had one issue with the to the dash fuel line, it was right when I rigged the boat and I didn't tighten the gauge fitting. ( it was a shake down on the trailer ) Trust me you smell the fuel long before it becomes a major problem. But yes, pay attention. I would rather have a little more maintinance than a popped motor.

On the Amsoil, it is the same stuff eveywhere. For some reason the long island guys love that crap. There must be some brainwashing video that comes with it. Like I said, I run the stuff in my sleds it is easy to get and that is the only real reason I run it, add that like I mentioned above the stuff runs dry, it seems to keep the power valves in the sleds somewhat clean.
These motors are not like the little bike motors and chain saws with small bore diamiters. And get rebuilt every 30 hours ( bikes ). I am not the only guy that will tell you amsoil wears out motors. I kid you not that the ring life is less than half on that crap. I would run the merc oil all day before that stuff..... again not the only one with that opinion. Whe you see the insides of as many motors as I do, and the fellow I associate with you get an good idea which oils are working.
Redline is great, Alisyn ( what I use.... and most winning racers ), Klotz ( the rest of the racers ). Mercs hi per oil ( which is Golden Specto ). For what merc charges for these things these days I would NEVER skimp on the oil. At best the 260/280/300 drag motors need to be torn down every 100 hours. EVEN if the leakdown is good, just to take a look.

RT

Old 05-21-2005, 01:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tank system...
Attached Thumbnails WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!-dscn0544-large-.jpg   WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!-dscn0543-large-.jpg   WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!-dscn0602-large-.jpg  

Old 05-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Registered

damn that looks a ton nicer than mine!!!!!! I need to skip work today to go redo my fuel system.

JnT id love to take you for a ride sometime. I have to work today(saturday) but I think Beau will be out there.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Registered

I have SX performance pumps model # 18203 http://essexind.com/sx_frame.htm

OK i have a pick up going to a large mesh screen to a fuel/water separator to the pump to another in-line filter then a "t" with a gauge and another line running to the dash,another gauge, and the last to the motor. one pumps holds at 45psi the other 42psi
Old 05-21-2005, 09:25 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Boat!! Now ........get a GMC
Old 05-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Registered

I have used the sx fuel pumps on my race boats, over 1000hp EFI, no problem they are great pumps.

I even had an element clog (bad fuel) and the pump crushed the element in the filter, we finished the race.

These pumps are awesome, way to much for an outboard.

You need to push the fuel thru filters, do not try to suck thru them. The kiss principle works best.

I saw a talon with trips, that had a splosh tank with about 4 pumps going to it (red hollys), he said it would run on just 2 pumps, so he had a backup.

Not sure how you would run the return lines, with the slosh and outboard efi.

CM
Old 05-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Registered

yeah I think Im gonna move the water/fuel seps to the other side of the pump and let them push. Ill do that and go for a test run when i get off and let yall know how it turns out.

Get a GM?? But I hate walking!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Registered

Byrdman,

Nice setup, do you filter in front of the two small fuel pumps also ? Why ?

The hose from the bottom of the tank goes where ? to the dash.

Why only one filter after the two pumps, or do you have two seperate systems with 6 pumps total ?

Curtis

Quick Reply: WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.