Notices

New Hats are in !!!

Old 05-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Hats are in !!!

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Dave you gotta get it up to the NYC poker run.
Keep dialing it in... I'll have my order placed by 2009!(after I've saved a bit after my home renovation) But I'd like the pricing we've discussed.
My wife's been bugging me to death to take her to NYC. This could work !!! Dave
Old 05-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wardey
Storm, I might as well let it out. Keep in mind this is with a stock 496HO/XR package with (5) speaker stereo, sub, (2) amps, Dana Hatch Lifts, etc...etc... (Not a stripped down boat).
And the drive is deep.

O.K. The first time Grant ran the boat with a 26P 4 Blade he hit the rev limiter at 75 mph.

Second time out, Grant ran a 28P 4 Blade and hit the rev limiter again.......at 81 MPH !!!! At 3000 rpm she was running 42 mph and at 4000 rpm she ran 58-60.

I just sent a shorty drive down and we are going to run a 30P 4 Blade and will see speeds in the mid to high 80's !!!! We honsetly think the boat will run 85-88 mph. Not bad for a stock 496HO/XR that you can get a 5 year warranty on !!!

The boat is running unbelievable and wants to run faster. There you have the update. I have been trying to keep this in the last few weeks but it got leaked out a week or so ago. I'm picking the boat up next week and will finish dialing it in and then pic's, stat's, etc... will be posted. Dave
Just wondering what makes the difference in that boat that gives it this kind of performance out of a stock??? 496HO. Everyone I know with a wide range of boats from Fountain to Nordic with that motor set-up is lucky to push 70MPH and can't even come close to the rev-limiter with a 26 pitch.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Narrow, Low Profile, Light Weight, Balance.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
Just wondering what makes the difference in that boat that gives it this kind of performance out of a stock??? 496HO. Everyone I know with a wide range of boats from Fountain to Nordic with that motor set-up is lucky to push 70MPH and can't even come close to the rev-limiter with a 26 pitch.
I'm not here to bullsh*t anyone. What it is is what it is. We new the hull was fast with the SVL boats. We did not know what the boat would do without the canopy but we figured it would do 80 with the 496. Two years ago I said it would do 80 with this power. I was wrong....it goes beyond 80 !!! Mark and I were surprised at this also to be honest. When Grant called up and told us the speed numbers we couldn't beleive it either. Anyone who knows me ,knows that I am a straight shooter. No bullsh*t and honest. I don't push people and do not knock people either. Proof is on the way and if you don't want to beleive it, that's fine. Dave
Old 05-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Registered

And let me add, these are NOT Fountains or Nordic's , and they are not copy cat hulls either. They are Extreme's!!! Dave Warden
Attached Thumbnails New Hats are in !!!-extreme-powerboat-logo.jpg  
Old 05-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered

I'm not trying to say your numbers are not correct, just trying to find the difference thats all. Thats a big increase over almost every other boat on the market with that kind of power set-up. Is the boat that much lighter?? Hull that much better??? 29 footer with that kind of speeds something has to give.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave, The plate is great but......I may have to steal it and put it on my truck...it's Blue!!! Thanks Again!!! I owe you as usual!! Still hittin' the Coors light? If you go to NY I'll see you there!!
Old 05-14-2005, 07:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Dave, The plate is great but......I may have to steal it and put it on my truck...it's Blue!!! Thanks Again!!! I owe you as usual!! Still hittin' the Coors light? If you go to NY I'll see you there!!
Hey RA, Glad it made it up to ya and you don't owe me anything. We can sit down and have a few beers together next time !!! When are you going back down to Lake Murray? I still have the cabin rented just havn't set a date. Dave
Old 05-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
I'm not trying to say your numbers are not correct, just trying to find the difference thats all. Thats a big increase over almost every other boat on the market with that kind of power set-up. Is the boat that much lighter?? Hull that much better??? 29 footer with that kind of speeds something has to give.
More will be released on this in time. When I see the "sarcastic eye roll" to me it's like calling me a liar. I will post spec's and pic's in the future. We have worked REALLY hard on this boat from the building to the promo's and I take everything about this boat personal. Dave
Old 05-14-2005, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Congrats Dave, cant wait to see the full pkg...

Quick Reply: New Hats are in !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.