Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hey TANTRUM!  THANKS and KILLER BOAT DUDE! >

Hey TANTRUM! THANKS and KILLER BOAT DUDE!

Notices

Hey TANTRUM! THANKS and KILLER BOAT DUDE!

Old 05-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey TANTRUM! THANKS and KILLER BOAT DUDE!

Went down to Tantrum's Friday night and spent Saturday with him and his neighbor BOB runnin' his new 30 AMT. All I can say is....WOW WHAT A BOAT! Although the Hudson was a slalom course of debris, Tantrum ran the boat like a seasoned professionsal dodging logs and tree limbs the size of small cars and running in both calm and moderately windy conditions! His docking skill for a first timer in a cat was exceptional. Yes, contrary to what Stecz will have you believe, Toph has a good head on his shoulders. He ran his boat with great care and never tried to "see what it will do". Instead he ran it with consistant care and safety in mind and might I say he did an EXCELLENT JOB!

Thanks for a great time Chris. Thanks for the hospitality and the opportunity to ride with you in your AWESOME NEW RIDE! Best wishes for many years of safe, trouble free use. Lookin' forward to seein' you at the lake this coming weekend.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey TANTRUM! THANKS and KILLER BOAT DUDE!

Lets see some pics of the boat. Didnt you have the graphics redone??
Old 05-15-2005, 09:07 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

chris are you doing a/c with njppc
Old 05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

wait, tantrum were you at panco today.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered

toph, is that a sugar free yogurt. toph, that sounds real tough. shane i do have to agree with you he runs the boat like hes had it for a while. i felt very comfortable with him on the sticks. i also want to say thank you for a great ride today, and im sorry for leaving early on ya. tantrum is still punk, and im still waiting for the pics from florida. hes sceered... stecz
Old 05-15-2005, 09:48 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
...Tantrum ran the boat like a seasoned professionsal...
Professional what?

Old 05-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered

Glad to hear a successful maiden voyage!!! Sorry I wasn't there, but the season has just begun.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

good deal and glad to hear it. looking forwards to hookin up this summer in the Barnegat.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Registered

Yah,, the Hudson was an obstacle course yesterday,, tires, trees, lawn chairs,,

Pics. do not do that boat justice,, it looks awesome in person,, good luck w/ her Chris..
Old 05-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered

Thanks for the compliments.
The boat is awsome....I really cant say it any other way. I took alot to clean it up and Im very happy with the way it has come out.
A big thank you to Ryan Beckley and Trick Marine for all their hard work.
The Hudson was a mess from the very high tides that we have been having but the boat faired quite well. It only suffered one small nick in one of the props on Saturday. The attitude of the boat is unreal. Shane and I spent Friday night figuring out where nutral trim was on the new pop up indicators. The boat ran well over 100mph with the motors tucked 2 possitions under.
Docking is a nightmare! With the large wheels and light boat as soon as you put it in gear your flying. Its going to take some time but Ill never make fun of the cat guys nosing in and taking 10 minutes with four guys to turn the boat around in the slip. Un assisted hydrolic steering, motors that dont want to shift, bugees on the motors and two sponsons draging in the current, I get nervous just talking about it.
We are still trying to figure what size fuel tanks are in the boat. Miles covered vs. fuel consumption isnt too bad I guess but it looks like it only holds about 2 hrs of fuel unless my gauges are off. This so far is the only thing I would change in the boat, larger fuel tanks (which it may have, we will see)
Helmets are a must. Bobby got hit square in the sheild with what appeared to be a bee. At these speeds I wouldnt want to get hit in the face with any thing, god forbid the eye.
Im looking forward to this summer and getting plenty of seat time and learning this boat. It has proven to be way fast and handles great, I got nothin to prove.

Thank you again for the help and compliments.
Attached Thumbnails Hey TANTRUM!  THANKS and KILLER BOAT DUDE!-scan0001.jpg   Hey TANTRUM!  THANKS and KILLER BOAT DUDE!-scan0002.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hey TANTRUM! THANKS and KILLER BOAT DUDE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.