Notices

Insurance Question

Old 05-17-2005, 12:03 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Insurance Question

what are you laughing at, i see you are looking to join the dark side..

you coming up this weekend with the rest of the gang?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
i have markel now..

What's Markel's number?
I don't know that I have a choice.
And for the record.....it's a 20 year old resing bucket, I told them had twin 450's and would only do 68 mph.
Also told them I only wanted to insure it for 25K.
Seems it was the "Scarab" thing that trip them up . Tried ducking the whole issue when I told them the boat was a Wellcraft 377.....which it is....sort of .....
Who knew they knew boats?
I have a meeting with the insurace agent tomorrow to see how bad he wants to keep all my other insurances.....or perhaps if he would like to buy a boat ! .
Old 05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are you laughing at, i see you are looking to join the dark side..

you coming up this weekend with the rest of the gang?
Who me? Ahh just kickin tires........... hard.

I was going to come over there this weekend but my Cig is supposed to be back this weekend. I roll my eyes because I have been waiting for 2 weeks.............. That being said, I think I will not make it until the June events.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by P Offshore
See if he can write a 2002 Cigarette Gladiator with twin 750hp and a top speed of 107mph. Replacement value ?
Maybe $175k?
K, just got off the phone w/ them again. Their puter goes up to 1,000 total HP and a max value of 100k. He maxed all of that out and gave me a quote of $1,200 a year.

That point is really moot to me. I will never have the means to afford a boat that is over 100k. The only reason I came into this conversation is because it was stated that State Farm would not insure a High Performance boat. That part is not true.

Buck
Old 05-17-2005, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
K, just got off the phone w/ them again. Their puter goes up to 1,000 total HP and a max value of 100k. He maxed all of that out and gave me a quote of $1,200 a year.

That point is really moot to me. I will never have the means to afford a boat that is over 100k. The only reason I came into this conversation is because it was stated that State Farm would not insure a High Performance boat. That part is not true.

Buck
What did they say about a Bullet??? Give me a call Buck
Old 05-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Registered

Well, I'm not letting State Farm off the hook just yet (meeting with the local-yocal tomorrow).
I did call Sy Goldberg (a very cordial and informative gentleman).
My boat is older than he insures, but he did turn me on to National Marine
Insurance (1-800-822-6267). Very professional and easy to work with.
They will insure me for just a little more than what I was quoated by State Farm; a very reasonable $863.00 / yr.
So either way....color me BOATING this year.....
Old 05-17-2005, 04:01 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by buck183

Buck
i would say a high performance boat is 1000 HP + and over 100k... that might not be a popular statement, i am sure there is some guys with 22' crownlines that will swear their boat is high performance too... now, can you get older boats that fit both requirements, yes, but i don't think we were talking about older boats, but newer ones... but when somebody says high performance to me, i think of that or higher... all i know is they won't do my boats because they are "high performance" .... i still would beware of anybody who has policys like that.... it never hurts to read everything, twice.... and state farm has all my stuff besides my boat, so its not like i am trying to knock them, they actually take good care of me and he tried to insure my boats, just wasn't allowed to..... i just hope this insurance thing gets worked out soon, i am dreading this fall's cat renewal and it really is making it hard to look at a new nor-tech not knowing what it might cost this year or next....
Old 05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Registered

i would say a high performance boat is 1000 HP + and over 100k... that might not be a popular statement, i am sure there is some guys with 22' crownlines that will swear their boat is high performance too... now, can you get older boats that fit both requirements, yes, but i don't think we were talking about older boats, but newer ones... but when somebody says high performance to me, i think of that or higher... all i know is they won't do my boats because they are "high performance" .... i still would beware of anybody who has policys like that.... it never hurts to read everything, twice.... and state farm has all my stuff besides my boat, so its not like i am trying to knock them, they actually take good care of me and he tried to insure my boats, just wasn't allowed to..... i just hope this insurance thing gets worked out soon, i am dreading this fall's cat renewal and it really is making it hard to look at a new nor-tech not knowing what it might cost this year or next....
cheap skate
Old 05-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sean, your right....I don't think that will be a popular statement. I consider myself a performance boater and will never own anything of that caliber. '

Don't worry I'm not offended though.

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 05-17-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:58 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by masher44
cheap skate

and what is your boat insurance right now?

Quick Reply: Insurance Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.