Like Tree0Likes

Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Reply
Old 07-05-2005, 03:12 PM
  #21
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINMAN
I understand. Our group will be ready before we get there.

Cris

Unless they changed something, Thunder Bay only sells 87 octane. Could have changed that though.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:49 PM
  #22
Skater Brother
Platinum Member
 
FREEDOM US1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wichita, KS
My Boats: 46 Skater,35 Cig, 57 Carver
Posts: 2,513
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Unless they changed something, Thunder Bay only sells 87 octane. Could have changed that though.
I use 87 octane in my 35 cig with 500 EFIs. Thats the recommended fuel on the mercs I have. Ugly John has the best price on the lake 2.29 a gal. It will probably be the same or about the same price for the Poker run. Its certainly not going to raise just because theres a poker run. Ugly just wants everybody to have fun. The pay out for a winning hand is the best I've seen.
FREEDOM US1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:12 PM
  #23
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
I use 87 octane in my 35 cig with 500 EFIs. Thats the recommended fuel on the mercs I have. Ugly John has the best price on the lake 2.29 a gal. It will probably be the same or about the same price for the Poker run. Its certainly not going to raise just because theres a poker run. Ugly just wants everybody to have fun. The pay out for a winning hand is the best I've seen.

Yeah the payout is good. Just to clarify, IF you can run 87 Thunder Bay has it. If you need higher octane I would get topped off before showing up. I think Farley was kidding about doubling the price.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:49 AM
  #24
Registered
 
gsmith9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tulsa, oklahoma
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

off the sublect, but I heard that security at ugly johns restaraunt pepper sprayed some people this weekend. Anyone heard of this?
gsmith9898 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:52 AM
  #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Broken Arrow/GLOC OK
My Boats: 2003 Crownline 270
Posts: 620
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

It doesnt suprise me. On holiday weekends everyone comes out of the woodwork and beer muscles take over. I have seen it there and other places several times before.

Cris
FINMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:20 AM
  #26
Registered
Thread Starter
 
schererjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Afton, OK
Posts: 30
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINMAN
Just wanted to see if there was going to be any discounts on fuel at Uglys for those participating in the run.

Cris
Like the others said, we already have the lowest price of fuel on the lake, and we carry the lower octane. However, I was able to get a discount for everyone at the Holiday Inn Express in Vinita for those of you who don't mind a 15 minute drive to the event. For reservations, call 918-256-4900. Mention the poker run for the discount. Leave your boat/trailer at Ugly's. We have a security guard to watch the boats at night.
schererjp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
  #27
Registered
 
OU Want Some?!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: E- Dock, GLOC, Coral Gables, FL Ft Lauderdale, FL
My Boats: 42 MTI SV. VIKING V70. LEOPARD 105
Posts: 1,032
Talking Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by schererjp
Like the others said, we already have the lowest price of fuel on the lake, and we carry the lower octane. However, I was able to get a discount for everyone at the Holiday Inn Express in Vinita for those of you who don't mind a 15 minute drive to the event. For reservations, call 918-256-4900. Mention the poker run for the discount. Leave your boat/trailer at Ugly's. We have a security guard to watch the boats at night.
...and pepper spray any intruders!!
OU Want Some?!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
  #28
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith9898
off the sublect, but I heard that security at ugly johns restaraunt pepper sprayed some people this weekend. Anyone heard of this?
They probably deserved it. Some of the people that go to Ugly's on the big weekends deserve worse than that.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:32 AM
  #29
Registered
Thread Starter
 
schererjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Afton, OK
Posts: 30
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by un ortho docs
...and pepper spray any intruders!!
We're a full-service facility.
schererjp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:53 AM
  #30
Registered
Thread Starter
 
schererjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Afton, OK
Posts: 30
Default Re: Grand Lake, OK. July 16, 2005. Ugly John's 4th Annual Grand Lake Poker Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith9898
off the sublect, but I heard that security at ugly johns restaraunt pepper sprayed some people this weekend. Anyone heard of this?
For the record, the dum bass that was sprayed last weekend had just bitten a finger "off" of an off duty police officer that helped break up the fight. The bouncers did a terriffic job of neutralizing the situation. The spray was used as needed, by a trained professional.

Last edited by schererjp; 07-14-2005 at 12:46 PM.
schererjp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
P Offshore
Poker Runs and Boating Events
36
07-21-2005 07:30 PM
schererjp
Poker Runs and Boating Events
0
07-13-2005 06:03 PM
schererjp
Eliminator
3
06-15-2005 12:07 PM
schererjp
Poker Runs and Boating Events
1
04-29-2005 04:58 PM
apache21
General Boating Discussion
13
08-16-2004 11:57 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.