Notices

Center Hill Lake, TN

Old 05-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Center Hill Lake, TN

Anyone around Center Hill Lake in TN???

Headed up there June 10 for a week and taking the boat with us. Wondering if anyone form OSO boats on the lake...places to go....etc...
Old 05-08-2005, 10:38 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Center Hill Lake, TN

I have a house there, basically kinda on the water. I have yet to meet any other OSO member's from around those parts. It's a purty place for sure... you renting a houseboat? cottage?

Jim
Old 05-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Registered

Center Hill is gorgeous - your'e going to love it!

Maybe you would like to come to our poker run on Old Hickory Lake. It's on June 11 and is a short 1 1/2 hours from Center Hill. It's going to be a great time with Pier 57 participating. There's even a chance we may see the new MTI "Speed Racer" there!

Check out our website for more info!

http://www.musiccitypowerboat.com/

Jeff
Old 05-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Registered

We are meeting some other frinds that live in Dalls and thought that it would be a good "half way" meeting place. We ar e renting a house there on the lake. We just learned about the "Music City" poker run and thought that we might leave a day or two early and make the run.

We will have our kids with us... 5 and 8 and didn't know if we should make the run with them. Is it a mostly adult deal or are there other kids???? They both have goggles...lol...lol , and they can handle the run, just not sure if there will be other kids.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ospreyproduction
We are meeting some other frinds that live in Dalls and thought that it would be a good "half way" meeting place. We ar e renting a house there on the lake. We just learned about the "Music City" poker run and thought that we might leave a day or two early and make the run.

We will have our kids with us... 5 and 8 and didn't know if we should make the run with them. Is it a mostly adult deal or are there other kids???? They both have goggles...lol...lol , and they can handle the run, just not sure if there will be other kids.
Our Power Run is an event for all ages, as you can see on the website, a portion of the proceeds will go to Prevent Child Abuse, so its definitely a family event. This is actually the 5th year we have held this event, but the first for MCPA since we are a new orginization. We would really like to see you guys there!!

As for Center Hill, I live about 45 minutes from there and I think its one of the best lakes in the state. Large, deep lake and not a lot of traffic in comparison to some of the other local lakes. A few good restaurants on the lake, and if the water is up, a trip to Burgess Falls is a nice ride.

If you have any other questions about Center Hill or our Power Run, PM or call me @ 615-207-8492.

Matt Harding
MCPA VP
Old 05-09-2005, 05:53 AM
Registered

Jeff (Nashvillebound) boats on Center Hill. He had a 257 Ultra that was purple and yellow. He should have his new boat by then.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Registered

Sounds like it will work out pretty well for us. Our schedule might even allow us to do the downtown run. Where's the best place to stay...marina...etc...???
Old 05-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ospreyproduction,
Glad to hear you're coming to middle TN. Good call on Center Hill. Remote, very little traffic, good facilities, waterfalls, beautiful countryside.
Best steak and hospitality on the lake is Center Hill Marina and Copper Top Resturant near the dam. They also have 93 octane gas for your hotrod. We've corresponded for a while here and S&F. Looking forward to meeting you and your friends.
I'll be glad to give you guys my personal tour of the lake. And, try make the MCPA Poker (Fun) Run on 6-11. Plenty of area hotels near Old Hickory Lake where our run is held. Same side (east) of Nashvegas as Center Hill, so easy towing in on I-40 too. Free launching right down the street (Saundersville Ferry) from my subdivision. Several good/reasonable hotels nearby. I recommend Hermitage Inn, 4144 Lebanon Pike, Hermitage, TN 615-883-7444. Close to a nice new Hooters, with a lot of talent and both of our area lakes (Percy Priest and Old Hickory).
How's the TV show coming?
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-09-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

Steve,
Thanks for all the info! I'll look into the hotels and book something soon. How lucky am I.....schedule a vacation and a poker run breaks out!! lol...lol...

The show is in post production now. We should be seeing finished product in the next week or two.

Sounds like we picked a winner on the Center Hill Lake too! We will be there from June 9-17. We'll take you up on the lake tour!!

Lee Dashiell
Old 05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lee,
Looking forward to seeing your show. There are some beautiful waterfalls on the lake. Generally, they should be approachable by boat in June, as the lake is at max pool then.
However you may want to bring or rent (@CH) some jet skis.
It is the best lake in TN IMHO for jet skis, particularly in the Falling Water Creek area. Many of these creeks run for miles, and you can actually ride into some of the falls on a ski. Oh yeah, bring your river sandals too! Some slippery rocks near the falls, but great swimming holes .
Regards,
Steve
PS jet ski rentals are available at Cookeville Boat Dock (and a real good fried fish sandwich), which is in Falling Water Creek if you don't want to tow one over from SC.

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-09-2005 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Center Hill Lake, TN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.