Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   i thought buying a boat was fun!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103687-i-thought-buying-boat-fun.html)

yesrej 05-20-2005 03:37 PM

i thought buying a boat was fun!!!!

this was the longest week of my life. i went and signed a deal for an 2002 25 baja outlaw. so this week i had to get insurance, pay my old boat off, and get mine nice and clean so the dealer will take it.i had BOATS US for insuance and they told me due to my lack of ownership they would not insure me. called three other places and they told me i have to be thirty to insure this boat. i called progresive and they wanted 3600 a year. i was going to shot myself. i called the company that i have my truck through and he luaghed at me and gave me the lowest quate ive gotten of 540 a year. i took it. this was just the beginning of the week. then i tried to pay off my boat. i go to the back and payed it off. they wouldnt give me anything that said the lien was off the title. i was not a happy man. they told me they would only mail it to me in 2 weeks. not good enough. after fighting for two days they gave me the lien release. now it was off to cleaning and getting my boat all ready for the trade in. i wont go into detail with this but i just tell you thsat i went to pick up the boat from my marina to bring it home on wednsday and i had to bring it back to them last night. i will tell all when this whole deal is done. i dont want to jinx myself after the week i had.

JnT 05-20-2005 03:49 PM

Re: i thought buying a boat was fun!!!!

Looking for a boat is the fun part ! The insurance, registration, and finance part sucks. Best of luck with your purchase. Jim

GLH 05-20-2005 03:51 PM

Man you even lost your spellcheck in the deal tough week!

:D:D:D

Nobody said boating's easy... I would qualify those hurdles as normal when you do deals for toy like that.... The best is once you go thru all these trials and tribulation everyone will say your lucky to have a nice boat like that.... as if luck had much to do with it.

That's also why whimps buy sailbots...

Have fun with your new ride!!!

yesrej 05-20-2005 03:55 PM

thanks guys. and GLH i just cant get that sepllcehc to work rhgit

waterheater 05-20-2005 03:58 PM

olma! :D

dykstra 05-20-2005 04:22 PM

good luck with everything :drink:

Ron P 05-20-2005 04:32 PM

Hey, Puder is back! :evilb:

FOUNTAINATLAST 05-20-2005 05:40 PM

Hopefully everything straightens out for you, just remember in the long run its well worth it:rolleyes: I THINK!!!! When you get your insurance policy double check the fine print, make sure nothing was missed at that price!!! Good luck and enjoy.

GoCiggie31 05-20-2005 06:00 PM

This too shall pass and fun times are ahead...hope it all settles down so you can enjoy that fun Baja.

Be safe and good luck in you future adventures

Where's the PICS ?:eek:

CROWN MAN 05-20-2005 06:51 PM

Gota tell ya just did a deal with the LOAN RANGER and his crew.
Great people to work with they took care of everything except the insurance.
It went so smooth I was nerves..