Notices

LOTO Memorial Day weekend.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:37 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LOTO Memorial Day weekend.

Originally Posted by Rare Breed
Sean the LOTO noise NAZIS are ruining your lake!

you are right..... i will have to start going to grand if i want actually be in the boat instead of looking at them docked all day...
Old 05-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
you are right..... i will have to start going to grand if i want actually be in the boat instead of looking at them docked all day...
What about the shootout in August?Is it worth coming?
Old 05-22-2005, 09:43 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

will have to wait and see if they let this die down or not.... they usually let the boats pass that are running in the shootout, but if you are just running around they won't.... i guess we will just have to wait and see right now...
Old 05-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

will have to wait and see if they let this die down or not.... they usually let the boats pass that are running in the shootout, but if you are just running around they won't.... i guess we will just have to wait and see right now...
I guess you couldnt even test your boat before the shootout.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How far is it to Grand lake. I'd rather travel and have a good time then be threatened by a kid water patrol officer. We will know what its going to be like after memorial weekend, It would'nt suprise me if they sit in the no wake area to party cove just nailing every loud boat that goes by. If enough people's vacations get ruined or get kicked off the lake sooner or later they will ticket and arrest the wrong guy. I guess since water patrol did not get there funding approved someone in Jeff City is telling them to make it up on us boaters trying to enjoy ourselves. There has always been a noise ordinance but they have never enforced it until now.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sean,

Don't you already have a thread going on this subject? Why not get everyone and their dog to reply on it then save it and forward it to them? Get everyone to make comments like we're seeing on here about going to other lakes to enjoy their boats. It may not change the world, but it damn sure couldn't hurt to start something.

We had a similar thing happen on our local lake a few years back. The majority of the lake is in a dry county. The water patrol would not make a huge issue of having alcohol in your possession as long as the driver was clean. Then a new Sheriff was elected. The cove where everyone hung out was constantly harassed. You would see patrol boats anchored in random coves while the operator was hiding in the trees to catch ANYONE with alcohol in their possession. What happened you ask? People started spending their time and money at surrounding lakes instead of this one. The marinas were complaining about declining sales. It really started to affect the economics of things. A short while later a new Sheriff was elected and things did a complete 180 deg turn for the better.

Buck
Old 05-23-2005, 08:38 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by buck183
Sean,

Don't you already have a thread going on this subject? Why not get everyone and their dog to reply on it then save it and forward it to them? Get everyone to make comments like we're seeing on here about going to other lakes to enjoy their boats. It may not change the world, but it damn sure couldn't hurt to start something.

We had a similar thing happen on our local lake a few years back. The majority of the lake is in a dry county. The water patrol would not make a huge issue of having alcohol in your possession as long as the driver was clean. Then a new Sheriff was elected. The cove where everyone hung out was constantly harassed. You would see patrol boats anchored in random coves while the operator was hiding in the trees to catch ANYONE with alcohol in their possession. What happened you ask? People started spending their time and money at surrounding lakes instead of this one. The marinas were complaining about declining sales. It really started to affect the economics of things. A short while later a new Sheriff was elected and things did a complete 180 deg turn for the better.

Buck
We need to do that. We all need to do that who come to LOTO even if it is once a year.... The emails have started and I am sure the phone calls will follow today.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Registered

Does anyone know of any places to stay that are'nt already booked? Maybe even a number to the state park by the party cove might work for a few days. I also need a slip for a 28' too.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

We need to do that. We all need to do that who come to LOTO even if it is once a year.... The emails have started and I am sure the phone calls will follow today.
Tell me/us where to send our info for ya. I usually make it up twice a year. I have been going up for over ten years now. My trips to LOTO are usually the highlight of my summers. Point me in the right direction.

Buck
Old 05-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Registered

PM or email [email protected]

Quick Reply: LOTO Memorial Day weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.