Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Old 05-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Hey fasterthanthou...
Attached Images  

Last edited by mopower; 05-31-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fasterthanthou
FO,
Then why are the other 25,994 members not joining you six? Don't you hear all the silence behind you? Perhaps the rest are too intelligent to buy into your lame Florida approach, and recognize that the only chance to salvage the sport in NH is to compromise, something you guys are too hard-headed to do. You might have sucked a few simpletons like Mikey Higgins into agreeing with you, but most guys who can afford a nice boat are also a bit more intelligent. We have had 10 times as many declared performance boat owners join us in support of HB162 than all of you guys that I've had bashing me on these forums put together. Your own people are abandoning you. You are a dying breed.
Frank

You state that you have ten times as many performance boat owners join you for a speed limit?

THEN PROVE IT..... So far all you do is run your mouth. And you wish that NH did as good as job as Florida does with it's boating population.

So I'm calling you out. Prove it. Put up or shut up.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:42 PM

hey faster
Attached Thumbnails Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit-bitchslap.gif  
Old 05-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fasterthanthou....
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2005, 08:46 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Originally Posted by fasterthanthou
FO,
Then why are the other 25,994 members not joining you six? Don't you hear all the silence behind you? ........Frank

Frank, don't get to full of yourself - most of us ignore you much like a whining kid in the mall. If you think anyone besides a blow boater and / or someone afraid of the water is joining your sissification of the lake your kidding yourself.

We have had 10 times as many declared performance boat owners join us in support of HB162 than all of you guys that I've had bashing me on these forums put together
I'd love to know what you consider a performance boat - a twin mast??

By the way Frankie, I was in attendance of the last skirmish in Concord, it was something like 50 against (including the head of the Marine Patrol) to 1 in favor of HB162 - something tells me you weren't the one.

This guy deserves no more effort or attention, thankfully we can all use our Ignore List.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
I dont mind seeing this lying a hole at the top of the forum list.. Keeps the issue in the spotlight ! Every lie that comes out of his mouth is another nail in the coffin for this rediculous piece of legislature !
Hopefully the power of oso will fill the auditorium at the next discussion in concord..

I have NO DOUBT that it will....
Old 05-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have grown up on Winni. Since I was born I have called Salmon Meadow Cove home. I now own a house at the end of the cove and ride by where I grew up every time I head out. In the past 6 years my property taxes have DOUBLED. But I pay it, because I love my little spot of heaven. I work my ass off all week in, of all places, Marlboro Mass so I can afford to go up on Friday and decompress. I don't want to change anything about the lake, I want the lake to change me. That is why I return every spare moment I have.

You know what this speed limit does? It makes me sad, immeasurably sad. I took a boater safety course 5 years ago the first chance I got. I obey the 150 foot rule, my donzi passes the decible test, and I don't drive drunk on the lake. So why should I be penalized? Why should a law be forced on me that I have done nothing to deserve? Wouldn't the same results be reached by just enforcing the 150 foot rule? I have been involved with more near misses from cruisers, runabouts, and PWC's then I EVER have by a boat running at significant speed. Enforce the laws we have, and a speed limit will do nothing to increase safety. The "you damn whippersnappers" mentality will destroy the lake I enjoy.

Matt
Old 06-01-2005, 04:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by donzi matt
I have grown up on Winni. Since I was born I have called Salmon Meadow Cove home. I now own a house at the end of the cove and ride by where I grew up every time I head out. In the past 6 years my property taxes have DOUBLED. But I pay it, because I love my little spot of heaven. I work my ass off all week in, of all places, Marlboro Mass so I can afford to go up on Friday and decompress. I don't want to change anything about the lake, I want the lake to change me. That is why I return every spare moment I have.

You know what this speed limit does? It makes me sad, immeasurably sad. I took a boater safety course 5 years ago the first chance I got. I obey the 150 foot rule, my donzi passes the decible test, and I don't drive drunk on the lake. So why should I be penalized? Why should a law be forced on me that I have done nothing to deserve? Wouldn't the same results be reached by just enforcing the 150 foot rule? I have been involved with more near misses from cruisers, runabouts, and PWC's then I EVER have by a boat running at significant speed. Enforce the laws we have, and a speed limit will do nothing to increase safety. The "you damn whippersnappers" mentality will destroy the lake I enjoy.

Matt
Nice to hear more people feel like I do! And FTT Go lay Down!
Old 06-01-2005, 05:36 AM

Anyone get the Sunday unionleader.They quote this older gentleman , who cruises the lake in a large chris-craft cruiser, as saying" a speed limit would only hurt the guys who are racing around the lake and the guys who are racing around are drinking" and " boaters like himself regard H P boats as a form of invasive species of alien to the lakes traditions" and my fav is that hopes a sl "will rid the lake of the boats that cause the most grief " It's not the SL issue that pisses me of to the point of writing these posts, it's the ridiculous journalism and the out and out lies that get printed by these fools. These fools paint us to be a bunch of booze bag lunatics flying around the lake with no regard for others and that pisses me off . When the reality is that performance boaters are some of the most courteous boaters around always willing to help out other boaters and freinds , put on events for charity and donate time and money. And all these blowhards do is complain about us and make us out to be the bad guys, when they in-fact have done nothing probably to help others and use issues to push there agenda. Which is, and the people of Newhampshire and politicians know, to rid the lake of these types of boats and then to move on to there next target . These self centered folks will use the word " safety " try to remove the lake of everyone except themselves.SORRY FOR THE VENT BUT IF I TELL THIS TO THE OLD LADY ONE MORE TIME I'LL GET THE BOOT. All this issue does is piss people off and separate groups of boaters so rather than being able to focus on real issues like boat safety we just have a big pissing contest. Frank or whatever it is i challenge you to one thing , stop posting over here and when the time comes show up at the hearing and voice your ever so twisted opinion there.Just don't be surprised when your the only one in the room with a bunch that oppose the sl again. Once again sorry for the vent gents.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:16 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from Sunday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lot of quotes from week-end "residents". last time I checked the decision is being made by representatives of NH, representing NH residents, not week end visitors that vote in other states. typical BS from the Union Leader, find what serves your purpose and print it.

Quote:
“A speed limit would only hurt the guys who are racing around the lake. I won’t go out on the lake at night because it’s too dangerous. And the guys who are racing around are drinking,” says Mory, adding that he hopes a speed limit would “get rid of the boats that cause most of the grief.”

This from

Quote:
Island residents like Ron Mory of Marlboro, Mass., who spends three days every weekend from May to October at his Welch Island camp, is all in favor of it, maintaining that large, high speed boats have created a “fear factor” on the lake that ruins the boating experience for practically everyone.

heres my quote - "people from Marlboro MA are coming to NH to sexually abuse children" There is as much fact in both statements.

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.