Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit >

Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Old 05-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

On the other hand Winn Fabs (aka Winni Whiners)

If you have some time, go to their website and look at the mis-information they are putting out.

They quote the USCG, that excessive speed is one of the top causes of accidents. What they don't point out is that excessive speed is defined as a speed inappropriate for the conditions. That could be 10mph, that could be 100mph.

I'm involved in a number of boating safety organizations (vessel examiner, instructor, etc.). I wonder how many of these supposed boating saftey advocates are involved in promoting safe boating?

This kind of mis-information and the scare tatics they use really piss me off. Too bad they can't be honest about what their real agenda is.

I'm sure crusiers (why do you need a boat like that on a lake) will be next on the list (since I just bought one)

Last edited by bajadude; 05-25-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

BTW, what happened to fasterthanthou's post that re-directed to his petition? I noticed it's gone.

Last edited by bajadude; 05-25-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajadude
I'm involved in a number of boating safety organizations (vessel examiner, instructor, etc.).
Steve,
What organizations are you involved with? Do your organizations oppose the speed limit bill?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jarhead0341
I know of a hazelton rd in upton and stan lives there
Do you mean the Stan that donated $50 to Winnfabs last week?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Registered

What organizations are you involved with? Do your organizations oppose the speed limit bill?
LRSPS and ACBS. Both organizations are committed to boater education and safe boating. I spent both days last weekend doing VSCs and other training activities. Ditto for 2 or 3 more weekends this summer. I'm also involved in fund raising for the Livesaving Fund. Since you seem committed to safe boating, I'm sure you do similar work?

Bottom line is this, what is needed on this lake (which I've been boating on incident free for 42 years) are educated boaters who understand and obey rules, who are courteous and use common sense. Simple as that.

In terms of organizations' stances on HB162, I don't they will take a stance on behalf of their membership, leaving that up to each individual.

BTW - Who's Steve?

Last edited by bajadude; 05-25-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Formula Outlaw. www.winnilakers.com is fine their membership for the most part is fighting this legislation.

The same owner of that board is the same one that is running NHRBA. Think ya may have your sites mixed up.

To review www.winnilakers.com and www.nhrba.com GOOD!!

Jon, in reality I was referring to Don's website, Winnipausaukee.com or whatever. That's the site I've ever spent time in. I realize the site "nhrba" is for the good of boating. Sorry about any confusion.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Fasterthanthou is a POSER

Mike,
What was your reason for posting all of this personal information about another member? Seems only right that you should now tell where you live and give your phone number too. Or else please give me permission to do so.
Frank
Old 05-25-2005, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by fasterthanthou
Do you mean the Stan that donated $50 to Winnfabs last week?
Another person who just pissed his money away, are they even registered with the state as an NPO?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajadude
LRSPS and ACBS. Both organizations are committed to boater education and safe boating.
Strange, but I've been talking to LRSPS and they say they are not opposed to HB162 at all. Some anger was expressed about the continuing attempts of the go-fast crowd to try to draw an association with them. And the officials there that I have discussed this with off the record are all saying that they are very much in support. In fact, several are Winnfabs members. They say that many of the performance boaters, while sorry to give up the freedom to open it up on occasion, are recognizing that the future of their pastime depends on making some sacrifices soon, and privately admitting that it is time to take control of things. Sounds like it is a very very small percentage of the go-fast crowd that does not recognize the need for some sensible limits, but that small percentage is pretending to speak for all. Perhaps if those few guys like you would not take such an uncompromizing position, we could restore some sanity to the lake AND save your sport. Do you really feel that you speak for ALL performance boaters? Seems pretty obvious that something has to give soon. Don't you think that the rest of the go-fasters on the lake are going to be pretty upset at the few of you if this bill passes becasue you guys made it an all or nothing decision? Perhaps there is still a chance to avoid having any rules imposed on one of the smaller lakes if you start to bend a bit now.

Last edited by fasterthanthou; 05-25-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:37 AM

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.