Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Old 05-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Pass this around
There was a politician that once said And I will say it to faster than thou ITS ABOUT THE ECONOMY STUPID!! I am a NH native and have the rite to make decisions in my state you live in mass Go Play with John Waffle Kerry. And stay out of NH buisness I dont need or want your help to protect a lake in our state !I don't want to pay Higher taxes because out of stater's push legislative buttons.in a negitive way there a plenty of people from all over the country that come and enjoy what NH has to offer if your not haveing a good time or your boat is to small to safley enjoy the lake find a smaller one in mass to eveyone else that enjoys NH welcome and as for you FASTER THAN THOU! Go Home and stay Home!
Attached Images  

Last edited by blownincome; 05-25-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

Couldn't have said it better myself.. I'm getting tired of people who don't live here telling us that they know what's best for us. Leave us alone, we can manage.

See you in a few weeks I'm sure.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajadude
BTW, what happened to fasterthanthou's post that re-directed to his petition? I noticed it's gone.
Here on OSO I'm FormulaOutlaw. My name is Russ. I live in Nokomis, FL.

I don't like self centered arrogant jerks who subscribe to the "I don't like it so you can't do it" philosphy or believe they have the right to "control" what they may not agree with. I really didn't like the way he tried to pull that end around to his petition so I reported it as a bad post and asked that it be deleted. If the chickchit bastar) can't at least be honest about his own site he shouldn't be allowed to lie about it.

Notice however "fastercrapper" that at least on THIS Forum, you can speak your nonsense. That's a hell of a lot more than I was allowed to do on Don's Forum.

We have almost 26,000 members at this point and 99% are responsible boaters. We promote education and safety. We don't hide behind some BS agenda like your ilk does. You are not fooling anyone here so stop wasting our time, and yours, though I don't give a rat's ass about you or your time, or your kind of people.

You want a speed limit for one reason and one reason only, to try to get the offshore boats off the lake. At least have the sack to speak the truth.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have lots of customers up at the lake(most in 20-26 ft boats) that have good Views in both directions 90 percent of them dont want a speed limit but think there should be something done to control The (lack of knowledge factor) speed in itself is not the issue People not knowing good boating edicat is! I cant count how many times on the lake when I am the stand on boat that I am cut off by someone in a smaller craft only to be flipped off because that person thinks they had the rite of way .. again a Knowlege thing. The people with Blow Boats and small boats think there are issues now slow the whole thing down to waterplow speed and watch how big the chop on the lake and haystacks will be . Most larger offshore boats and cruisers will still manage but Docks and boats tied to them as well as boats smaller than 25 ft will get the Szit Beat out of them ! people will stop coming to the lake.. and taxes will rise.. We have a family property on the lake and have for 50+ years. my uncle and Dad remember when the first Chris Craft /Garwood Type boats hit the lake and no one wanted to hear the Noise from those beastly machines on the Lake.. Now we all admire them!! I'm just sick about something I have enjoyed my Whole life and Followed as a Career as a result as my love for the Sport is Being messed with By people who have no Business Messing with it!
My .02
Bob
Baja... When the Monsoons end See ya at Smalls Cove.

Last edited by blownincome; 05-26-2005 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blownincome
I have lots of customers up at the lake(most in 20-26 ft boats) that have good Views in both directions 90 percent of them dont want a speed limit but think there should be something done to control The (lack of knowledge factor) speed in itself is not the issue People not knowing good boating edicat is! I cant count how many times on the lake when I am the stand on boat that I am cut off by someone in a smaller craft only to be flipped off because that person thinks they had the rite of way .. again a Knowlege thing. The people with Blow Boats and small boats think there are issues now slow the whole thing down to waterplow speed and watch how big the chop on the lake and haystacks will be . Most larger offshore boats and cruisers will still manage but Docks and boats tied to them as well as boats smaller than 25 ft will get the Szit Beat out of them ! people will stop coming to the lake.. and taxes will rise.. We have a family property on the lake and have for 50+ years. my uncle and Dad remember when the first Chris Craft /Garwood Type boats hit the lake and no one wanted to hear the Noise from those beastly machines on the Lake.. Now we all admire them!! I'm just sick about something I have enjoyed my Whole life and Followed as a Career as a result as my love for the Sport is Being messed with By people who have no Business Messing with it!
My .02
Bob
Baja... When the Monsoons end See ya at Smalls Cove.
Well said Bob ..My feelings exactly. IF there is aproblem out there its lack of knowledge. Ive had plenty of ROW altercations because someone doesnt know the rules. Some think they are on the highway and will try and go around you to get on your right side etc.. "Know before you go"
But in my 38 years on the lake I honestly cant recall one time where speed was an issue and I said to myself gee that boat is going to fast for one reason or another.
And the reasons the proponenets of HB 162 are spewing are completely trumped up or overblown , just to push there agenda. That part of it is sickening
Old 05-26-2005, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by bajadude
Bob,

Couldn't have said it better myself.. I'm getting tired of people who don't live here telling us that they know what's best for us. Leave us alone, we can manage.

See you in a few weeks I'm sure.
I don't feel loved anymore.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:37 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.theunionleader.com/subjec...?field=lakes05

just sitting down to read the print edition. Oh - its raining again
Old 05-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Registered

I just wrote a "letter to the Editor" to that newspaper. Bet it doesn't get printed although it was very courteous and polite.

All one can do is try....
Old 05-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That article sounded pretty much one sided
Old 05-29-2005, 08:47 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lot of quotes from week-end "residents". last time I checked the decision is being made by representatives of NH, representing NH residents, not week end visitors that vote in other states. typical BS from the Union Leader, find what serves your purpose and print it.

“A speed limit would only hurt the guys who are racing around the lake. I won’t go out on the lake at night because it’s too dangerous. And the guys who are racing around are drinking,” says Mory, adding that he hopes a speed limit would “get rid of the boats that cause most of the grief.”
This from
Island residents like Ron Mory of Marlboro, Mass., who spends three days every weekend from May to October at his Welch Island camp, is all in favor of it, maintaining that large, high speed boats have created a “fear factor” on the lake that ruins the boating experience for practically everyone.

heres my quote - "people from Marlboro MA are coming to NH to sexually abuse children" There is as much fact in both statements.

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.