Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How to afford the boat you want.... >

How to afford the boat you want....

Notices

How to afford the boat you want....

Old 05-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to afford the boat you want....

Yep... Definitely not the game to be worrying about keeping up with the Jones's. You can go buy a 42' Tiger and show up at a poker run and somebody else will have hardware that makes your sh!t look punk.

Get something you like that meets your needs (size, cabin, speed) and then run it like there is no tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:08 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

You can enjoy the scenery from a john boat, but I know how you feel. I stretched this winter for a new to me 31 Formula and blew a motor mid April. I'm waiting for the mechanic to finish putting it back together and dread the repair bill. While I managed to pay for the boat outright, I will have to borrow money for the repair bill
Run what you can afford to use. What's a 38 worth if you can't afford to put fuel in it?

PS...Note my location, Hope to meet this summer.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Try a home mortgage if you have enough equity. The interest then at this point is all deductable. A average house will increase approx 4% or more a year, which in return is very hard to save this amount from paycheck to paycheck on a yearly basis. Make sure you have stable funds in case for a backup. Good luck to you. Jeff
Old 05-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The key to life:

It's not about having what you want...it's about wanting what you have
Old 05-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Registered

Insurance..insurance..insurance...Remember to ck this out, it can make owning a type boat a nighmare..Watched mine jump 110% this year for nothing, no reason. Mine is going in the classifeds soon.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30
Yep... Definitely not the game to be worrying about keeping up with the Jones's. You can go buy a 42' Tiger and show up at a poker run and somebody else will have hardware that makes your sh!t look punk.

Get something you like that meets your needs (size, cabin, speed) and then run it like there is no tomorrow.

yeah , well you got the perfect boat to run all those ho's ya banging these days zip em around at 100 and bang em for a 100
Old 05-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

" You can't always get what you want, But if you try some time, you might find you get what you need "

Rolling Stones!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by open72
yeah , well you got the perfect boat to run all those ho's ya banging these days zip em around at 100 and bang em for a 100
I still make em pay for gas...
Old 05-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Registered

I was looking to trade our 05 288 in on a late model TopGun T.S. with 525's over the winter,,, every time I pass the marina and see 2.79 on the pumps, I'm glad I stuck with my single. 1 100 gallon tank instead of 2, 1 thirsty motor to feed instead of 2 really thirsty motors, 1 cheaper motor to maintain instead of 2 expensive motors... Sure I would love to have bought the T.G. and will someday,, but I have decided to just be happy with what I HAVE !!...
Old 05-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

The boat payment is just the beginning, eveybody else has pointed out the extras which I'm sure you know. Figure out your comfort zone financially and wait for that great deal. There have been several GREAT deals here on OSO over the past year, have PATIENCE and it will come. I'll be back in the market next year and will just wait for that one deal to come my way then pounce on it, it just takes patience. You'll get the right boat (or close enough to it) at the price that fits your lifestyle.

Quick Reply: How to afford the boat you want....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.