How to afford the boat you want.... >

How to afford the boat you want....

Notices

How to afford the boat you want....

Old 05-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How to afford the boat you want....

Originally Posted by On The Heat
? Is there a trick to taking a loan for the boat of your dreams or do you just have to straight up afford it?
I am NOT trying to be rude, but isn't the answer to this obvious?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to me the whole point is being on the water I could care less if I'm on a skater or a 19' Bryant. Its all on how you wana have fun.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:07 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

My boats been outta commission the last 5 weeks. If it takes much longer, I'll hitch a ride on a snailbote!!!!
Spend a few weekends at home, you'll love YOUR boat then.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Registered

Truthfully,,, I had more fun on my old 19 footer at the lake,, we water skiied, tubed, wake boarded, took my boxer to the sand-bar swimming, camped, cooked and if it got dirty or the vinyl scuffed I didn't care less,,, now with the new boat, we race around burning up gas, and haven't skied in a couple of years... being on the water is what you make of it,, not having the biggest baddest boat..
Old 05-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I would love to have a bigger boat and would love to go faster.I know I will never be the fastest or the biggest but I would like to run a bit faster.Now as Eric(OPEN72) often talk about this it is nice to have a boat that always runs and runs good requires very little maintenance.Now the best part is that I can launch and pick up by myself and does not kill me with gas.I would to have a nice 30ft + boat that runs 90+ but I cannot see paying a note on a boat that I cannot use everyday and will only cost me more money in the feature.As with my current boat it is 10 years old and I have redone the floor and transom so I purchased it cheap and when the time comes for me to step up I will look for the same kind of deal. But as everyone else it is all about enjoying what you have and be thankful that your not one of those people that are standing on land wishing you had any boat much less one that is 42' and runs 100+.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw

Besides, whenever I think I want a larger boat, I go out and wax mine. Tht cures the "wantbiggeritis" for about two months. Then I go out and wax it again.
Yea, what he said! Our 47 gets bigger every time. We are on week three of the waxing/cleaning process.

We so want a smaller boat!!
Old 05-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Registered

Just remember, when you are lusting after someones elses ride, and feeling like you want more than what you have, also remind yourself that there is another person looking at what you have and wishing the same thing. Humans are funny like that. How many of us have bought that used boat that we could barely afford, spent many $$$ and seasons fixing it up just right, just to turn around and sell it and start another project all over again.. It never ends..
Old 05-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Originally Posted by On The Heat
This post is for everyone on this forum with a $150k+ boat.

I feel I make a good living but I can't seem to swallow a $1500/month boat payment - am I missing something? Of course, my intent here is not to be offensive or in any way, shape or form learn of anyone's income however, I feel like I something is amiss? Is there a trick to taking a loan for the boat of your dreams or do you just have to straight up afford it?
I have been here from the beginning. The one thing I have observered is there are a whole lot of OSO'ers making a lot of money.

The thing I look at with my "little" 26 ft PowerQuest, it is still more boat than most people will ever have. It just so happens that it is the smallest of the crowd I hang with, but what a great group.

We just need to find new friends that have smaller boats.

Jan
Old 05-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Registered

You've got a nice boat.Do the best with what you got,we talk about this all the time"WHERE IN THE HELL DO PEOPLE GET THERE MONEY"!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by BURNSMAZZ
You've got a nice boat.Do the best with what you got,we talk about this all the time"WHERE IN THE HELL DO PEOPLE GET THERE MONEY"!
lucky sperm club.

lots of very successful self made guys on this board also.

alot of these expensive boats are owned by corporations too. (entertainment write-off)

i would imagine lots of people are in debt up to their eyeballs.(not judging anyone here)

theres also a few guys that buy an expensive boat , make payments on it for 6 months to a year , then get out. if they buy it right , they don't lose much and even make a profit in some cases. better know what your doing if you try that route.

Quick Reply: How to afford the boat you want....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.