Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   One of the worst days of my life!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103956-one-worst-days-my-life.html)

Pure Energy 05-24-2005 06:57 AM

One of the worst days of my life!!

3 Attachment(s)
Had to put my 12 yr. old Yellow Lab to sleep yestarday. He had severe arthritis, and a mellon size melignant tumor on his hip.

This was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. He was truley a great dog. He loved to do everything, I could make a long list but what I enjoyed most with him was going on the boat, I think it was his favorite too. I would open the back door and say "let's go on the boat" and he would tear ass down to the dock and jump in the boat.

When my wife was pregant he would not leave her side. When we brought my daughter home he would get upset when she cried. He also would put up her grabbing and climbing on him. He will truley be missed.

offshoredrillin 05-24-2005 07:14 AM

Re: One of the worst days of my life!!

My lab is 15 now, has a couple fatty deposits and her arthritis is catching up to her, as long as she can do dog things I'll keep her around, but once the quality of her life goes, i'll make the same decision...sorry to hear...Rob

HiPerf2000 05-24-2005 07:20 AM

:( sorry, sounds like he was a great dog :(

Indy 05-24-2005 07:20 AM

My dalmation "Indy" died last June, a terrible day for me too after 17 great years. I still miss her every day, not sure if I'll get another dog, if I do, it won't be anytime soon. I feel your pain :(

WesSmith 05-24-2005 07:21 AM

Ken -

Put our Greyhound down last year after nine years.....definitely the hardest thing I've had to do.

Time will help but you never forget the good times - they are truly members of the family...in fact better friends than most !

cuda 05-24-2005 08:07 AM

I understand how you feel. I was just thinking yesterday that my three legged dog is starting to show signs of his age. I'm sure he will go crippled early due to all the weight on one front leg. I get choked up just typing this. I just everyday try to make him the happiest dog, and I swear he is. Losing a pet is a death in the family.

Chris288 05-24-2005 08:20 AM

Ken,, so sorry to hear about your loss,,, My boxer just turned 8 last month and is showing signs of her age,, she loved the boat and I even took her tubing and jet-skiing... The other day I asked her if she wanted to go on the boat and she just went and laid in her bed,, took her down to the marina and she didn't even want to go down the docks,, :( :( Gotta love them for the time you had with them and know you gave them a great life...

Roger 1 05-24-2005 08:27 AM

I`m very sorry for your loss. I had to put my shepard down over twelve years ago and it still bothers me. I knew what this thread was about as soon as I saw the title.

Roger

Gofastboater45 05-24-2005 08:32 AM

Sorry for the loss, know the feeling all too well. Recently had to do the same thing to one I had delivered personally from the birth mother & had for 10 yrs. Tremendous loss for all especially the kids. :(

Best thing to do is to go out & get a new one soon, thats what we did, takes some of the pain away. A new pup is alot fun , but alot of work too.

stecz20 05-24-2005 08:37 AM

sorry about your buddy. right after i lost 9 friends in the towers, on my birthday, my black male doberman broke his collar chasing a rabbit and ran into the street and was killed. they truly are a big part of the family, ill never not have dogs. they are always there for you and always manage to brighten up our lives, and put smiles on our faces.. stecz