Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Radar Shoot in Va. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104075-radar-shoot-va.html)

blown budget 05-25-2005 09:13 AM

Radar Shoot in Va.

The Rappahannock River Boaters Association (RRBA) is holding a radar shoot June 4 on the Rappahannock river. We have secured all permits necessary for the event including Coast Guard approval. In addition, a dive team and rescue squad will be on hand for the event. Trophies will be given for Top Gun, Top V-Bottom, Top Cat, Top Jet,Flat,Hydro, and Ladies Top Gun. The event begins at noon and ends at 4:00 pm. An entry fee of $25.00 will be charged to benefit the dive team and rescue squad (all volunteer). More information including rules and sign up is available at www.geocities.com/rrbainc/rrbainc.html or pm me. Hope to see everyone there.

Sydwayz 05-25-2005 09:15 AM

Re: Radar Shoot in Va.

Tentatively planning on being a spectator.

Shah Mat 05-25-2005 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Tentatively planning on being a spectator.

Me too

Reckless32 05-25-2005 03:53 PM

I'm trying to shake the tree and get a few HRPA boats up there to help watch.... :drink:

Understand some others may be overnighting in Deltaville at the mouth of the river. Also i heard there's a beach or sand bar on the Rappahannock that the locals hang out at. Keep us posted and maybe some more logistics details as to what to expect; where to raftup/anchor to watch; what happens afterwards for fun; etc. etc....

excursion 05-25-2005 04:31 PM

I know the Richmond gang will support this, I know of at least 11 boats that will be coming down. We will be putting in at Deltaville and riding up river and then staying at Urbanna Sat. night.

I know they have gone thru alot of effort to make this a nice event so show up and support them.

runnin gun 05-25-2005 06:16 PM

James call me or email the info on the marina in Urban so I can try to make a slip reservation.

Terry

mwdill 05-25-2005 06:29 PM

If only it was the next weekend,ill be in richmond on the 9th, could have talked the wife into going :(

docmanrich37 05-25-2005 06:49 PM

If the cat doesn't sale this weekend but i hope it does i'll bring itdown for the day.I might bring the tritoon with the 225 on it.lol

blown budget 05-26-2005 03:43 PM

The shoot is approx. 15 miles north of Tappahannock near Leedstown. We have an area where all spectator boats can raft up. Plenty of water. Our first year being legal has proved quite challenging but worth it. The "outlaw" events were great parties and this year should be no different.

JimV 05-26-2005 03:59 PM

Blown Budget,

I couldn't find any rules on the web site. Do you know if the boats are classed to lenth or is it like the LOTO shoot out? Is the water generally flat? (I gotta little boat)