Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Holiday Weekend Boating: Accidents and Incidents Thread (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104299-holiday-weekend-boating-accidents-incidents-thread.html)

PhantomChaos 05-28-2005 12:08 PM

Holiday Weekend Boating: Accidents and Incidents Thread

Already starting.....

LAPD Police Officer Arrested for Investigation of BUI, Fleeing Scene

Friday, May 27, 2005

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A Los Angeles police officer was arrested in Monterey County for allegedly driving his boat into another watercraft, then fleeing the scene without helping two injured boaters.
Sheriff's deputies said Officer David Ernest Guzman, 30, was arrested May 21 near Lake San Antonio for investigation of boating under the influence, failing to stop at the scene of an accident, and failing to render aid.

His companion William Jeffers was arrested for driving under the influence when deputies found him a short time later driving a trailer to pick up Guzman at a boat ramp.

One of the victims, an 18-year-old from Agoura Hills, suffered serious injuries that included a crushed lower vertebra, broken pelvis, and damage to his liver and spleen. His friend, a 19-year-old from Santa Barbara, was treated and released for cuts and scrapes.

Sgt. Catherine Plows of the Los Angeles Police Department said Guzman, a nine-year veteran with the force, was assigned to home pending the conclusion of the investigation.

GoCiggie31 05-28-2005 12:31 PM

Re: Holiday Weekend Boating: Accidents and Incidents Thread

sure hope the kid is o.k. & gets well soon...

what a shame...if the officer is guilty...hang'em.

We all must remember to be responsible- especially ones in law enforcement

wwwTOPDJcom 05-28-2005 04:18 PM

assigned to home pending the conclusion ............ I would guess he gets Paid the whole time :mad:

PhantomChaos 05-28-2005 07:46 PM

Nothing else yet? That's good!! :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Formula Outlaw 05-28-2005 07:48 PM

Going up to Lowes this afternoon, another boat off the trailer incident. About half a mile south of the St. Rd. 70 exit from I-75 (south Bradenton) I just got a look at a 30 ish CC (I think) off the trailer and on it's side, saw it had twin OB's and had obviously rolled over. Was about 150 ft. from it's trailer. Don't know anything else.

packinair 05-28-2005 08:40 PM

2 days... 2 broken drives.. I am done

JCPERF 05-28-2005 11:58 PM

Test road 3 customers boats.No problems.Just a lot of drinks :drink: :drink: :drink:

Indy 05-29-2005 07:11 AM

One jet skier was killed yesterday in Long Island when he ran too close to an anchored sailboat and the line nearly took off his head. Middle 30's, no alcohol involved...very unfortunate :(

Macklin 05-29-2005 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Indy
One jet skier was killed yesterday in Long Island when he ran too close to an anchored sailboat and the line nearly took off his head. Middle 30's, no alcohol involved...very unfortunate :(

:eek: Unfortunate, but not surprising. Is it me, or do most jet skiers seem to drive with blinders on? I took Friday off for a nice day of boating. We were just getting up to speed across Broad Bay which is perfect for WOT runs. I got ready to nail the sticks when I noticed a jet ski in front of me. So I decided to stay back. Sure enough the guy took a turn in front of me without even looking back. Had I not held off he would have been bow schmoogle. :mad:

My wife may it very clear to him that he was #1 in our book. :D

glassdave 05-29-2005 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by packinair
2 days... 2 broken drives.. I am done

hell . .your just get'n started . . . :chimp: :p :eek: