Notices

NY Jet Skier decapitated

Old 05-30-2005, 07:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy NY Jet Skier decapitated

Jet Skier decapitated

A Long Island man on a Jet Ski was decapitated after striking a sailboat's anchor line in Great South Bay last evening, police said.
John Wilson, 34, of North Babylon, L.I., and another man were riding the watercraft near Squaw Island about 5:15 p.m. when tragedy struck, cops said.

Wilson hit an anchor line dropped by Paul Harding of Massapequa Park, whose sailboat had run aground in Wansers Cut, police said. Harding, who was below deck when the accident occurred, was waiting for high tide so he could sail again.

Nassau County Police Department's Marine 6 transported Wilson's body to shore.

The medical examiner's office will perform an autopsy at Nassau University Medical Center.

Wilson's companion was not injured.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NY Jet Skier decapitated

I read about that yesterday, but it isn't official until the Oso M.E.'s office says it's so.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Registered

Gotta wonder why someone feels it's so important to run THAT close to another boat. It's too bad but sounds like it certainly was preventable.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They had a crack down on them on the river all weekend. They been kickin them off and writing them up non stop.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:33 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

I'm just guessing, but if the blowboater was aground, as stated, maybe he had his anchor line out in the middle of a navigable channel, to be able to pull/leverage himself off later ??

Jim
Old 05-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I'm just guessing, but if the blowboater was aground, as stated, maybe he had his anchor line out in the middle of a navigable channel, to be able to pull/leverage himself off later ??

Jim

Yeah, I guess that's one possible scenario but it still seems he'd been running awfully close to take his head off with an anchor line, much less running at speed that close to a boat.

I just know how many dumb phuck moves I see every single time I go out by people on PWCs. I had a guy and girl cut right across my bow so close if I hadn't chopped the throttles to idle I'd gone right over top of them. I was hoarse for two days for screaming at them so hard. All they did was flip me off and that's when I really screamed next time I'd just run their azzes over.

PWC operators are the absolute worst as far as not paying attention to what's going on around them. THE WORST...
Old 05-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fast enough to take his head off and close enough to do it on an anchor line at neck level ..Darwinism
Old 05-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well I was out on my friends yesterday a new Sea Doo stock out of the box Gps' 71 MPH That's a death trap for idiots
Old 05-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Yeah, I guess that's one possible scenario but it still seems he'd been running awfully close to take his head off with an anchor line, much less running at speed that close to a boat.

I just know how many dumb phuck moves I see every single time I go out by people on PWCs. I had a guy and girl cut right across my bow so close if I hadn't chopped the throttles to idle I'd gone right over top of them. I was hoarse for two days for screaming at them so hard. All they did was flip me off and that's when I really screamed next time I'd just run their azzes over.

PWC operators are the absolute worst as far as not paying attention to what's going on around them. THE WORST...
Agreed............
Old 05-30-2005, 05:07 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
..Darwinism
Thinning the herd...

Quick Reply: NY Jet Skier decapitated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.