Notices

Noise violation?

Old 06-01-2005, 08:17 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Noise violation?

Mark, maybe i should borrow your boat to show them what LOUD is!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

rap on rob.................m.m......
Old 06-01-2005, 02:07 PM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, interesting subject.. I have done it in public places when we moored for the evening and had no choice but to get an early start. I have also had it done to me and just said WTF, thanks for teh wake-up and hoped I got enough sleep, and wasnt to hungover... But you need to go by the rules set at your location...
I also agree with someone who said if you live next to a Marina... you need to expect some noise... But noise abatement laws/rules are their to keep everyone playing happy, and cohabitating together...cant please everyone...
Good for youo admiting guilt and smoothing it over... had to be an interesting morn. I hope you went out on the water soon after... If you didnt, why not??? that would really piss off the locals!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:32 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jb
... had to be an interesting morn. I hope you went out on the water soon after... If you didnt, why not??? that would really piss off the locals!
Why yes... it was very interesting.
And that was one of the reasons they were so PO'd, that the boat never went out. I couldn't get it to idle, and if dropped into gear at a higher RPM would still stall. So I had to put it back up on the lift.
They musta been saying: "Damn all that noise and he didn't even use it!"

From what I now understand, is that there is ONE guy who has been complaining about anything and everything for the past 15yrs. My neighboring Sea Ray'ers said they have gotten complaints, even about a dock party w/ music.
This guy is about 70yrs old and has nothing better to do than go to town hall and sit for a few days to get what he wants done. The good news is... this is the guy I spoke to, and apologized to. I even gave him my cell number for him to call me, to alert me of any inconvenience I may make. Damn, I woulda offered a ride if I knew he could handle it. Then maybe when he heard me start up, he'd come running down to join me.

In all honesty, this is my 1st HP boat. I grew up on fishing boats. And when the boats left the dock at 5am, 6-8 50-60ft sportfishers w/ their 8,12 or 16V92 Diesels starting up is not a silent event either. So now I know how loud my boat is. I guess its a good thing I went w/ stainless marine manifolds and not CMI headers.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider

And now that I have a JC motor, I make friend everywhere I go.
It was probably a piece of duct tape that got sucked down the carb!!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:43 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Originally Posted by craig223
It was probably a piece of duct tape that got sucked down the carb!!
Craig, could be... he's coming down to get it back to see if he can use it again.

Actually, problem started right after I ran down to 2-3 gallons in the tank and refueled. Also, I redid the entire fuel line/filter, so something could have come from the install. ie dirt in a hose, or lose teflon tape, or just junk from the bottom of the tank.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Stormrider,

I have talked to JohnnyD and CBR already. We will definetly hook up this season. It turns out, CBR keeps his boat at Grovers also. I am always out early on the weekends. I hate what it turns into in the afternoon. Call me on my cell ..

347-739-0242

Vinny
Old 06-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

Storm

If they don't like the noise hand them a pair of earplugs next time.. Manifolds are for the Sea Ray's.. Get a set of CMI race headers so the old man will loose his hearing when you start up at 6am. I don't know how much better I am though!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Good idea Titan, i should send them a care package.
"Dear condo owners, i am very sorry for the disturbance i made the other morning. Please accept these earplugs as a token of my sincere apologies."
Old 06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered

Quick Reply: Noise violation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.