The axe drops again! Part II

Notices

Old 06-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, today the mrs got the axe due to "incompatability issues". What ever. The thing that really sucks is that she won't qualify for unemployment because she still has a second part time job. It's only 16 hours a week at $9 an hour, but it's enough to kill the unemploy. We both are working two jobs to try to make up for the short from when I was unemployed 6 months ago. Just when things start looking up they come and kick you in the noids. To tie this back into a boating related topic, anybody interested in a cat? Nobody else seems to be and now I'm really motivated. Make me an offer. Dare to see how cheap you can get it for. If somebody doesn't step up to the plate here, it's going on ebay.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Charter Member # 430
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The axe drops again! Part II

You should be able to get unemployment. Many years ago, my wife's hours were cut from her Gas Co job and she was able to get unemployment for her underemployment. She says she told them how many hours each week and unemployment adjusted for that.

I'm sure there is a limitation for how much she is making now as well as how many hours she works at her second job. Of course that was for one job. Maybe the fact that it is a second job is the issue.

I'd say if you need the money, file and see what happens. Can't hurt.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cord, that's to bad. I hope things turn around soon.

Maybe it's time to get that boat bussiness that you were talking about kicked into gear. From some of your posts on hear lately, you certainly seem to have as good or better base of boat knowledge than some others that have tried.
It just takes the right product and a leap of faith.
Good luck
Old 06-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim I am real sorry about that. How could ANYONE have a compatiability issue with her??? Let me know if there is anything that I can do.

Jon
Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Well, apparently one person in the company did. Guess that's all it takes. I find it more frustrating that this board has grown to the point that there are only 3 board members that even care to post on this topic. Boy, things have changed over the years....
Old 06-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

[QUOTE= Maybe it's time to get that boat bussiness that you were talking about kicked into gear. From some of your posts on hear lately, you certainly seem to have as good or better base of boat knowledge than some others that have tried.
It just takes the right product and a leap of faith.
Good luck[/QUOTE]

I would love to, but it takes 10g to get one poped and rigged out. I can't even sell my boat, much less try to sell one for profit! Things will have to wait until there is a actual market.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cord
Well, apparently one person in the company did. Guess that's all it takes. I find it more frustrating that this board has grown to the point that there are only 3 board members that even care to post on this topic. Boy, things have changed over the years....
Hi Tim, it been a while. Sorry to hear about the bad job situation. I feel your pain. The Mrs. lost her job and was unemplyed for 9 months. It's taken us over a year to recover. Hang it there. Sorry I don't know anyone looking for a cat. The only person I knew who was looking bought a 25 daytona at the end of last season.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Tim;
Best of luck to you and the Mrs. Just remember when one door closes another one opens. Often times for the better. Keep positive and keep your chins up.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:10 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cord,

Don't know you guys, but wish you the best of luck in turning your current situation around.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Registered

You will make it through the bad times you are currently in, we always make it through as men. Protect your credit through the ordeal and dont be like some that throw their hands in the air and let it all go. If you do get behind with creditors give them calls weekly and if nothing else send em 5 bucks a month. My Dads company ( He was VP at the time ) was embezelled by the President and he fled the country leaving my old man holding the bag. More then 3 MIL deep and my old man followed through and resolved all of it, he said that staying in constant contact with the creditors was the most important thing. All people want to know is that you aren't sticking them and they need that constant re assurance. give em that and most folks will back you up.
Very sorry about you having to dump your ride, maybe when you bounce back we can get you into a V where you belong anyhow!
Chin up big guy!

Quick Reply: The axe drops again! Part II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.