Notices

Now....Back to Boating

Old 06-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now....Back to Boating

Well it didn't take long to get back into Boating...about 1 month. I had plans to build a cottage in the UP and found the guy who is logging my land can not do it until Sept. This was going to fill the void of boating but now it is just a void so I bought a boat. It will be here on June 20. It is nothing too cool like a 38 TG or a 46 Skater with Turbines but it is very functional and economical. It is a 20ft Zodiac .....again. This time with a 120 Yammie 4 stroke EFI. It can go anywhere and $10 worth of fuel lasts a day....or more!!! The 32 AT was just a bit more than that....per hour. So now I can cruise Hanky Panky and not tie up to a bunch of freaks (no not you Parnell) and see the action instead of just hear it five rafts over. The dogs will love this also. So I am back, the REV is months away and it is too hot for the bike until sept or so. Now I have a seasons covered again.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:35 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Now....Back to Boating

Nice to have you back Mitch.....even though you sold the AT!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered

Very cool Mitch I knew you couldn't stay away LOL You've still got a ride on my Cig waiting for you! Name the day and time

Have fun ... I am (thx to your help),
Chris
Old 06-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Registered

This is a picture of my last one, it had a 115 Merc smoker. The rigging was horrible and it was very hard to shift. The throttle creeped also and that was a pain when in big waves and both hands had to be on the wheel. My first one had a Yammie and it was the best motor I have ever had. Of the last two I was able to drive it all season and sell it for what I paid new. I had people wanting to drive from CO to get it. I have been in the shore break in 12 foot lake MI waves before, you just can't get this thing to flip...and I tried. I filled it with water on the down side of a wave and the self bailers had it out in 5 minutes. It is rated for 11 people on the tag and 3200lbs, I have had 9 adults in it and got on plane without even trying and hit 45. The top was 62 empty and out of control. The boat w/o motor is 800lbs.
Attached Thumbnails Now....Back to Boating-zodiac-small-.jpg