Notices

Paging Kaama....

Old 06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Re: Paging Kaama....

Originally Posted by 29scarab
Look!!!! He even has a hatch on it this time!!
Hi Shawn. Well, sort of I do. If you look closely you'll see a 2x4 holding up the hatch. I have yet to hook up the hatch actuator/cylinder. That will be one of the last things I do.

Tonight we were able to get the drive-lines all bolted together, starter/battery cables connected and all electrical stuff is now connected except for a couple of ground wires/cables, power steering pump is mounted.

Carbs still need to be mounted, throttle cables, fuel lines, oil lines to the thermofilters, water lines, etc.....we're still checking equipment.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be making a call today to see if the push rods are done and on their way.. (Holding my breath!). That will be the stopper, if they are not done and delivered. Cant put the headers on till the push rods go in..

Steve (best boiler man on the planet),
I know what you mean.. business first!! And thanks again for keeping me warm this winter!!

Dick
Old 06-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Tonight we were able to get the drive-lines all bolted together, starter/battery cables connected and all electrical stuff is now connected except for a couple of ground wires/cables, power steering pump is mounted.

Carbs still need to be mounted, throttle cables, fuel lines, oil lines to the thermofilters, water lines, etc.....we're still checking equipment.
jeez, you oughta have a zipper on those things, as often as they been in and out,,,,,,,,,,,,and whats up with this "checking equipment poop? like captain ron said, 'if somthins gonna happen it'll happen out there'.
of course, he also said, 'we're gonna effin' die' too,,,,,,,,,
time for more pain killers but i'm here to tell you we're going to the boat this weekend no matter how bad i feel.
hi mr gadgets. you coming to great lakes marina if you get the boat percolating?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still shooting for next week, my stacks were on back order so they shipped Monday . I have Friday off to get everything else buttoned up. I think Kaama should be penalized he's got paid help! CHEATER!!!!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Crazy....you going to be around the marina this weekend?.....see you there...Fred
Old 06-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Ok.. it is late at nite.. had a good day..so to speak..

Eye Dr appointment 9am.. left there at 11am.. with chemicals in my eyes so everything was blurryyyyyyyyyy... Worked on boat waiting on push rods.. Started tearing down a couple of broken drives Push rods made it at 2:30 pm.. Set lash and buttoned up the motor.. added exhausts.. etc.. Fired or tried to fire at 9pm... found after much busy trouble shooting that I fried my coil while setting up the valve lash.. Rolled the motor over without pulling the kill cord.. Opps..
Tossed in an old coil.. and wham.. that thing sound nice without the mufflers!!!!!!!

So the engine is done.. well need to tune the EFI.. Need to head to Lane Auto and get a new coil.. Find a bank to rob to get gas money..
And then find where to get the annual GH launch permit.. Then I will hit the water and do the tuning.. etc..

So I am close.. very ... waiting for sunlight..

How's everyone else doing??

I will try to get up that way if all goes well Dave!! I may need some of those drugs you have.. I am one sore old man.. let me tell you.

Best excersize I get is working on the boat. Up the ladder, down the ladder.. up.. down..

Good nite. it is late..

Dick
Old 06-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
I will try to get up that way if all goes well Dave!! I may need some of those drugs you have.. I am one sore old man.. let me tell you.
Dick
waaa, waaa. you want some cheese with that whine?
Dick, we'll have an ice-cold beverage waiting for you when you get there.
Fred, I'll be there even if I have to carry the pain meds with me. Are you going to be around this weekend? If so, I might ask if you can cut the hole in my panel for my new Raymarine C120 display, just like Dave and Mel have on their Sea Ray.
http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/P...RODuct_id=1677
Wanna know why KAAMA hires people to work on his stuff? BECAUSE HE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Dyno, hope it all comes together today. You'll be on the water in time for a couple of the Muskegon Summer Celebration concerts. I'm looking forward to running to White Lake for a burger at the tavern next weekend. Fred or Waterfoul may have to drive mine though.
Powerquest and Great Lakes Marina are sponsoring a PQ regatta July 23-24, which is also the weekend of the Muskegon Air Show. The Blue Angels will be there and as you may remember, the Angels fly right over the marina on their inbound runs during their routine.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Dave, I believe we (Vickie and I) will be in Muskegon (well, Twin Lakes anyway) next weekend. If you don't mind both of us tagging along, we might be able to work out something so you can get your boat out on the lake. I'd love to drive you around!!
Old 06-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Well it is late again.... Dave, I wasnt whining.. just tellin the folks how much work it is to get on the water around here..

Well I was out and it ran.. and I liked it.. !!! So far only a minor oil leak to contend with.. And yes I made it to Muskegon.. but everyone went to Dockers and thats were I ended up..

Still tuning EFI.. well it tunes itself.. and maybe tomorrow I can see what it will do..

Dick

PS.. how's everyone doing? Running yet?
Old 06-25-2005, 04:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Dick,glad to hear your on the water,i'm STILL waiting on tail pipes,gotta love the little last minute details when putting a boat back together. Hope to meet some of you guys this summer,Smitty

Quick Reply: Paging Kaama....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.