Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family >

Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family

Notices

Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family

Old 06-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family

Well this weekend the boat wasn't ready, so i decided to advantage of some down time and Michigans free fishing weekend. I took my Three year old daughter to lake Mack with her Barbie fishing pole to make some memories. We had a blast! we caught several sun fish one bass and a catfish, I'm sure Dad was smiling,just wish he was here to enjoy the day with us make every day count. Take some time away to spend time with your kids and be the Dads we should be.
Don
Attached Thumbnails Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family-autumn-sunfish-small.jpg   Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family-catfish-small.jpg  
Old 06-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Default Re: Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family

Too much fun!
Attached Thumbnails Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family-autumn-daddy-fishin-small.jpg  
Old 06-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

Default Re: Nearing my first Fathers Day with out my Dad, spend some quality time with family

Dyno,

Mother's Day is still tough 2 years later, but I still feel her presence with me wherever I go. I think of you and your dad often. Uplifting to see you out and enjoying your family!

Chris
Old 06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Thanks Chris, hope to see you at Smoke!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Registered

Autum is getting so big, she is such a cutie You should bring her to Todd (Baronmarines) beach party in GH the day after SMOKE. Get the boat running so you can come on the photo run, I bet that would have made your dad smile.
AKA Ms PatriYacht, Donna
Old 06-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be the tough one. You are still a Father though so cherish the moments and remember your Dad is watching and expecting you to carry on in the same manner he did. It will get better, time will heal all wounds. Although my Dad is still alive he has not been here for Fathers Day now for 3 years, sailing around the world with my mom (who has also missed Mothers Day) seems more important. I hope he releases what he is missing. I know I do and it makes me mad sometimes. Oh well, lets hope he figures it out some day or it may be too late. Say a prayer and stay strong for Autumn, she needs these memories and you are doing a good job starting them. See you at smoke, I will have the fender boat so i can get close and personal, heck I can bang right into them and just bounce off. See ya then.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I'll make this short, lost both my parents to cancer in 96 +98, the best way that you can serve or thank your parents for all they did is to be a good parent yourself...nuff said
Old 06-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I'll make this short, lost both my parents to cancer in 96 +98, the best way that you can serve or thank your parents for all they did is to be a good parent yourself...nuff said
Could not of said it better. Lost my dad almost 7 years to the day, you don't get over it, you learn to deal with it. Parenting my daughter is one way I deal with it, puts a smile on my face daily.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dyno
Thanks Chris, hope to see you at Smoke!
Still working on a campsite (or dock). I'll let you know if I can get up there.