Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great...now I'm the middle of these noise regulations like the rest of you!!! >

Great...now I'm the middle of these noise regulations like the rest of you!!!

Notices

Great...now I'm the middle of these noise regulations like the rest of you!!!

Old 05-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Great...now I'm the middle of these noise regulations like the rest of you!!!

My boat is on the Connecticut River and the DEP has a thing set up to bring your boat by to have it checked tomorrow. I guess they are gonna check the decibels and tell if you need to get mufflers or not. Here's the thing...I have silent choice, which I heard was illegal in CT an NY the other day, so if i go will they make me change it if I'm over 90db?? I don't know if I am over, so I don't know if I should even go by there and have it checked because then I'll be sort of red flagged the rest of the year if I am over. I refuse to put mufflers on...it defeats the purpose. What do you suggest???
Old 05-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Re: Great...now I'm the middle of these noise regulations like the rest of you!!!

Trailer it to the Sound. Bummer dude, this is the first I've heard of it around here.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered

Default Re: Great...now I'm the middle of these noise regulations like the rest of you!!!

I usually drive it down the river to go to the sound, takes about 2 hours with all the no wake zones. The boat is kind of a ***** to trailer, and I have it docked at a marina in South Glastonbury. I never even knew there were noise regulations in CT until all the LOTO talk started, then it started coming up on other threads. This sucks.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't go down there, its not mandatory is it??? Let them find you, and be smart about it around docks shut your exhaust of, around populated areas or police boats shut your exhaust off.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:13 AM
Registered

no, luckily its not mandatory. I'm not gonna go down there Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Fountainatlast.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you do go for the inspection and pass, will you be immune to any future testing? What's in it for you if you volunteer for the testing...a pass sticker???
If so (and if this is in writing some where) maybe you can borrow some muffler inserts, get passed and not worry later...it sounds like the sound laws are just revving up in your area...sorry to hear-its sweeping the country in metro areas.

Good luck
Old 05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Registered

I think they are testing just to let you know if you need mufflers or not. Then if you don't get them you "could" get a ticket. I went for a run and when I came back the DEP was parking 2 spots away from me. I just flipped on the silent choice and waved. They waved back and didn't say a word, but we'll see what they say when I'm actually on the river haulin ass.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

What does the Ct law state, and what are the correct procedures for administering the test here?
Old 06-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

CT is 90 dB if mfg. before 1993, 88 if mfg. after 1993. Violation/Minimum $100, Maximum $500. Call Connecticut Dept. of Environmental Protection, Boating Division, 860-434-8638 for more information.

Quick Reply: Great...now I'm the middle of these noise regulations like the rest of you!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.