Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Labbed prop poll:  what were your results ?? >

Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

Notices
View Poll Results: top end results after having your prop labbed
rpms went up, no mph gain.
14.29%
gained 1mph
8.33%
gained 2mph
29.76%
gained 3mph or more
28.57%
don't waste your money, it ain't worth it..
19.05%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

gained 500 rpm and lost 8 mph cruise speed and 2 miles lost at top end. Was done by bblades and brett the owner was nice till it did not do what he said. Than of course he wanted more money. If you have it labbed I would only use mercury racing.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran 65 with stock prop at 5000 RPM after getting it labbed with addition of alittle cupping ran 68 at 5000 RPM. Mid range acceleration was absolutely awesome compared to stock! Work was done by R+R Prop Shop...

Last edited by FOUNTAINATLAST; 09-01-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my set of Bravo 1 30 pitch labbed and did not see any real change in top end or midrange, maybe 1 mph on top. As I boat a lot in NY Harbor where there is a lot of debris in the water the thinning of the prop is showing as the edges bend easily. Dont get your props labbed if you are going to boat in waters that have floating debris.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Brett a BBlades develops and maintains all of our propellers. Every prop he has touched has out performed and done what he promised. Do not hesitate to have this firm handle your props. Labbing and testing props is a methodical process. There are o many variables in recreational boating Any change in temp wind tide or water conditions will result in a different outcome. Not to mention HP output/homemade engines, poor fuel,poor maintenance schedules. Professional teams use stopwatches and computers to ensure positive results. Seat of the pants "kinda maybe the same" is not reliable. Ask Brett to guide you on how to truly measure a propeller's performance.

As I said Every propeller he has made for us has been outstanding.

feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.

Marc Granet
Driver S- 67
Loan Shark Racing

www.bblades.com
Attached Thumbnails Labbed prop poll:  what were your results ??-shark.jpg  
Old 09-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maximus
Brett a BBlades develops and maintains all of our propellers. Every prop he has touched has out performed and done what he promised. Do not hesitate to have this firm handle your props. Labbing and testing props is a methodical process. There are o many variables in recreational boating Any change in temp wind tide or water conditions will result in a different outcome. Not to mention HP output/homemade engines, poor fuel,poor maintenance schedules. Professional teams use stopwatches and computers to ensure positive results. Seat of the pants "kinda maybe the same" is not reliable. Ask Brett to guide you on how to truly measure a propeller's performance.

As I said Every propeller he has made for us has been outstanding.

feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.

Marc Granet
Driver S- 67
Loan Shark Racing

www.bblades.com
glad to see they sponsor your team and do a good job. I sent them my prop and they did not do what they said it would. Brett told me to send it back and he would take care of it. Once he got the prop it was all about charging again. The prop I had labbed at mercury racing is everything they told me it would do. I'm sure they do some props right the first time and have happy customers. I'm not one of them. I would not send them my lawn mower blades!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

Thank you Maximus and mboger for the kind words.
And congratulations Mark on a outstanding racing season thus far. Three checkered flags and counting!!

Normally we wouldn't comment on criticism but, when we get bad mouthed like we did from gsmith9898, we feel the rest of story needs to be told.
The customer asked for a Lab job gaining 500 rpm. We said we could do this which we have done before. His application normally works well with this special recipe. He did get 500 rpm on the head. Unexpectedly the slip rose too high and the speed fell away. Because it was a special request and the labor to rework it is in depth, we offered to do it for $75 (less than half the cost). The customer said forget it and send the prop back. We obliged. The comment on having Mercury do the work.....they would have performed the exact same procedure.

We take every job seriously and regret not satisfying this person.

Last edited by bbladesprops; 09-01-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Thank you Maximus and mboger for the kind words.
And congratulations Mark on a outstanding racing season thus far. Three checkered flags and counting!!

Normally we wouldn't comment on criticism but, when we get bad mouthed like we did from gsmith9898, we feel the rest of story needs to be told.
The customer asked for a Lab job gaining 500 rpm. We said we could do this which we have done before. His application normally works well with this special recipe. He did get 500 rpm on the head. Unexpectedly the slip rose too high and the speed fell away. Because it was a special request and the labor to rework it is in depth, we offered to do it for $75 (less than half the cost). The customer said forget it and send the prop back. We obliged. The comment on having Mercury do the work.....they would have performed the exact same procedure.

We take every job seriously and regret not satisfying this person.

Funny that lawnmower blades were mentioned. When I was at Mercury Racing, many of the employees in the company would bring their lawn mower blades down to the shop to be sharpened and balanced. No kidding. So if you change your mind, we do those too.
What you say is true except for the special request part. You have said numerous times in the prop section that you have a ( Special recipe). I called you and you told me what you could do. I sent you the prop and it did not do what you said it would do when I tried. You told me to send it back. Once it was back than all you talked about was what to charge me. I am BIG into customer service. I have a body shop and repeat customers are my living. Let me use some words from you in my business. ( normally work well, unexpectedly the slip rose). I can't imagine telling a customer that (Normally) the paints sticks well but (unexpectedly) the paint started peeling and lifting off. After telling them that than I would next say I';m sorry and will take care of at no charge as soon as possible.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:02 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
What you say is true except for the special request part. You have said numerous times in the prop section that you have a ( Special recipe). I called you and you told me what you could do. I sent you the prop and it did not do what you said it would do when I tried. You told me to send it back. Once it was back than all you talked about was what to charge me. I am BIG into customer service. I have a body shop and repeat customers are my living. Let me use some words from you in my business. ( normally work well, unexpectedly the slip rose). I can't imagine telling a customer that (Normally) the paints sticks well but (unexpectedly) the paint started peeling and lifting off. After telling them that than I would next say I';m sorry and will take care of at no charge as soon as possible.
so what did merc charge to rework the prop?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

gsmith9898

We agree customer service is key and have always prided ourselves on that.

Whenever I offer this special process we did on your propeller, I tell the customer the rpm will come but the amount of speed gain is not a guarantee. Your rig was the type we usually have success with.

I want to make this issue right. I should have offered to adjust the prop for free immediately rather than offer the discounted rate. You will see I did do that with the letter included with the prop I sent back.

Tell me what you want to do and we will do it. Rework or refund, you decide.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
gsmith9898

We agree customer service is key and have always prided ourselves on that.

Whenever I offer this special process we did on your propeller, I tell the customer the rpm will come but the amount of speed gain is not a guarantee. Your rig was the type we usually have success with.

I want to make this issue right. I should have offered to adjust the prop for free immediately rather than offer the discounted rate. You will see I did do that with the letter included with the prop I sent back.

Tell me what you want to do and we will do it. Rework or refund, you decide.
Now that is a stand up kind of company! I have bought 7 different props w/several that were labbed, in last 5 years as my boat has went faster,mostly with good results from most of the prop companys out there. If I paid 400 dollars or what ever bblades charges to lab a prop and it was 1/2 way there(had the rpm's but not the speed) and it was already back at there shop and it would only take another 75 $ to get what your looking for I'd gladly pay it as different set-ups and hull/motor combos can be hit and miss as far as gains,can't really blame anyone for that.
Maximus,as far as "home made motors,bad gas and poor maintenance schedules"-most guys serious enough to have props labbed and buy/try several props ARE NOT out there running a tired,misfiring boat that doesn't get maintained with a bunch of used,mis-matched engine parts running on last years gas! My "home made" motor makes 950 hp,runs on 93 octane and idles at 700 rpm's. With a gps with average weather,air density,wind, current and identical fuel/passenger conditions the average high performance boateris smart enough to know if his boat is overall faster or slower without being a "race genious",Smitty

Quick Reply: Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.