Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Labbed prop poll:  what were your results ?? >

Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

Notices
View Poll Results: top end results after having your prop labbed
rpms went up, no mph gain.
14.29%
gained 1mph
8.33%
gained 2mph
29.76%
gained 3mph or more
28.57%
don't waste your money, it ain't worth it..
19.05%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

Old 09-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Labbed prop poll: what were your results ??

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
gsmith9898

We agree customer service is key and have always prided ourselves on that.

Whenever I offer this special process we did on your propeller, I tell the customer the rpm will come but the amount of speed gain is not a guarantee. Your rig was the type we usually have success with.

I want to make this issue right. I should have offered to adjust the prop for free immediately rather than offer the discounted rate. You will see I did do that with the letter included with the prop I sent back.

Tell me what you want to do and we will do it. Rework or refund, you decide.
bblades will not work or rework another prop for me. You were so nice on the phone and I did not think you would of done anything different than make the prop right when I sent it back to you this last time. I would not have wasted money on shipping it to you if I would of thought you were not going to make the adjustments. I hung up with you and called Julie at throttle up and told her it was coming her way. I explained to her what happen and she applogized for you and said she would make it do what I need with a little adjustment. If you want to make it right than you take care of it with Julie at throttle up or refund the original amount. 877-842-6855
Old 09-01-2005, 05:45 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by articfriends
Now that is a stand up kind of company! I have bought 7 different props w/several that were labbed, in last 5 years as my boat has went faster,mostly with good results from most of the prop companys out there. If I paid 400 dollars or what ever bblades charges to lab a prop and it was 1/2 way there(had the rpm's but not the speed) and it was already back at there shop and it would only take another 75 $ to get what your looking for I'd gladly pay it as different set-ups and hull/motor combos can be hit and miss as far as gains,can't really blame anyone for that.
Maximus,as far as "home made motors,bad gas and poor maintenance schedules"-most guys serious enough to have props labbed and buy/try several props ARE NOT out there running a tired,misfiring boat that doesn't get maintained with a bunch of used,mis-matched engine parts running on last years gas! My "home made" motor makes 950 hp,runs on 93 octane and idles at 700 rpm's. With a gps with average weather,air density,wind, current and identical fuel/passenger conditions the average high performance boateris smart enough to know if his boat is overall faster or slower without being a "race genious",Smitty
i just think marc was saying props aren't a do it and forget type deal, as i think you would agree, sometimes gains or losses might be small or large but need to be recorded accurately... props are all about testing, testing and more testing.... i find it hard to bash a prop company when you only give them one try at it...
Old 09-01-2005, 05:46 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

alright guys...aren't we getting a little off-topic?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:47 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
alright guys...aren't we getting a little off-topic?
this thread is about your results of prop labbing....
Old 09-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

GSmith if youv'e been in the auto body business you've been Brett's shoes. The guy is a proffessional and is interested in getting your rig to run.

Believe me the "recipe" is potent. it pushed a 4400 lb 32 foot with 280 hp eggbeaters 118mph. Sometimes it takes a little tweeking to make it come together. Be the customer you want and take the gentlemen up on his offer.

If you see us in the pits come shake hands.

Best Regards,
Marc

Loan Shark Racing
Old 09-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
gained 500 rpm and lost 8 mph cruise speed and 2 miles lost at top end. Was done by bblades and brett the owner was nice till it did not do what he said. Than of course he wanted more money. If you have it labbed I would only use mercury racing.
If I am reading this right you sent your prop out and needed 500 rpm instead of the usual 200-300. And when it came back you got your rpm but speed dropped. So, Brett offered to try and correct the problem for $75. If that's true I would have let him try and correct it. Im sorry, but comparing a body shop to performance work is like comparing apples to oranges.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Registered

I spoke withh Brett at bblades today and he has agreed to make it right with me on new prop. I made the smart ass comment about the lawn mower blades but like I told brett I do not question his ability to do good prop work. That was a bad comment on my behalf. I was questioning the way he handled my problem ,not his abilitys. The bottom line is that he offered a full refund , fix the prop or work another one. (My choice). I chose for him to work me up another prop since I think he will do me a good job. He stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I spoke withh Brett at bblades today and he has agreed to make it right with me on new prop. I made the smart ass comment about the lawn mower blades but like I told brett I do not question his ability to do good prop work. That was a bad comment on my behalf. I was questioning the way he handled my problem ,not his abilitys. The bottom line is that he offered a full refund , fix the prop or work another one. (My choice). I chose for him to work me up another prop since I think he will do me a good job. He stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem.
Now you should do the right thing and delete or edit your bashing posts.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Registered

I was not bashing. Just giving the facts. Bad customer service and now Brett and bblades is making it right.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with no boat, if you're happy with Brett's current offer you should delete the "lawn mower blade" post. It's not fair if someone reads your comment and never reads all the following posts in which "customer satisfaction" was offered! Steve