Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A thread for the boatless (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105839-thread-boatless.html)

bouyhunter 06-18-2005 06:51 AM

A thread for the boatless

OK
Time to admit that I've been boatless for 3 years - I have a little 19' Wellcraft in the backyard that I F-around with now and then, but I don't see it hitting the water anytime soon. I just don't have that much motivation for it, I'd rather save the money and spend it on the boat I really want.
I know I'm not the only one that show's up at this site daily to live "vicariously" through everyone elses boating expeditions.

So, I'm calling you all out :evilb:

Who else is currently boatless, Broken down trailer queens, you count too.

fund razor 06-18-2005 07:10 AM

Re: A thread for the boatless

Crap. I already admitted it.

Good idea, force the rest out of hiding.

What if we all trailer our boats to the parking lot of some Wal Mart and line them all up like we are rafting? Like tailgating.

Why not?

My stereo works.

Nobody would ever know that it doesn't actually float.

bouyhunter 06-18-2005 07:32 AM

That's the attitude Fund :D

We can all Trailer our P.O.S. - or lack there of - to a marina and just sit in the parking lot.
Crank the radio, set up a grill.

I'm on the 2 year plan before I get the boat I want... :D
So, anyone that has an old Mistress, take good care of it for me for the next 2 years - then I'll be looking :rolleyes: BUYING :evilb:

bouyhunter 06-18-2005 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by fund razor

Nobody would ever know that it doesn't actually float.

Sometimes floating is overrated - and very expensive.

jayboat 06-18-2005 07:53 AM

I'm boatless for a different reason, but I'm in. I'll just leave mine where it sits and bring beer. :drink:

HIMES(JAIME) 06-18-2005 11:22 AM

alright im in the new club, finally a boating thread i can really relate to. on this sight for 4years boatless 3. Ya see im avoiding DUI's this way. see you guys at the marina, ill bring the heinekens. :drink: JAIME

HIMES(JAIME) 06-18-2005 11:26 AM

who's next c'mon THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

masher44 06-18-2005 12:20 PM

WORD UP !!!!!!!!! First summer in a looooong time with no ride.... I have missed it dearly a few days but all in all until my current job ends, my weekends are pretty much fried. This fall I will start a new job somewhere else and set up camp on a big lake and then have saved enough money by not having a boat to get the one I really want....
been peeking at few now and will grab one if the deal is right but for now my time is limited until my job changes.

Money saved this year if I dont by a boat until this winter:

$6,112 = 8 Boat Payments (sold it in April)
$1,942 = Insurance
$3,200 = Gas
$1,200 = maintenance (assuming no problems)
$2,400 = food/beer
$3,000 = at least one Poker Run
$2,000 = one boating vacation

Total = $19,854

That money saved will get me about 6 months worth of insurance on my next one :eek: :evilb:

Clay Avedisian 06-18-2005 12:27 PM

Sold F2-40 Lady Hustler 5/02 and just sold our Toyota Epic ski boat last week. Don't have time right now but we will be back racing when time permits. Look out you Factory 1 guys! Or maybe an A boat again! Could it be time for a canopy? Clay currently boatless!

CMG 06-18-2005 12:38 PM

I should start a new thread "yet to get wet"

its June 18th and my boat is still sitting in the back yard :( It did rain thru June 1st in New England and since then doing repairs from last year that should have been done in April, b'day parties, graduation parties and yard work since. So I'm "boatingless" paying for insurance and the boat!