Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat racing on TV (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105967-boat-racing-tv.html)

TeamTaboo 06-20-2005 01:18 PM

Boat racing on TV

At 3:30pm EST Fox sports will air the first Marathon race held in May by SBI/APBA

Fountain38SC 06-20-2005 01:21 PM

Re: Boat racing on TV

Thanks, I just set tivo.

Ron P 06-20-2005 01:45 PM

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Stormrider 06-20-2005 02:09 PM

dvr set... :cool:

TeamTaboo 06-20-2005 03:02 PM

Show just ended, not bad for a half hour show

robyw1 06-20-2005 03:07 PM

Oh good night!!! How do they expect people to watch it when we have to work?

Fountain38SC 06-20-2005 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by robyw1

What's work?

Boatnutz 06-21-2005 09:46 AM

To those who read and partiipated in the thread "Why it's not Big Time" several weeks back ... Just watched the show on FOX. I rest my case.

HiPerf2000 06-21-2005 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by robyw1

If you have Tivo at home, and you are at work (Doing nothing besides playing on OSO) and you find out that boat racing is coming on......You can go to Tivo's website, log in, and tell it to record the race. I think it needs 1/2 hr notice to get the signal to your Tivo. This is all granted that you Tivo is hooked into your home cable/dsl router.

gdfatha 06-21-2005 11:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Boatnutz
To those who read and partiipated in the thread "Why it's not Big Time" several weeks back ... Just watched the show on FOX. I rest my case.

==================
For us uneducated fans please state your case position HERE..

What exactly are your specific complaints related to the show??

Mine are:

-Should be an hour show..

-Camera focus should be improved. This same condition existed and still does for Unlimited Hydros, Champ Boats and more. It may be a technical problem with the zoom going from optical to digital zoom. Close ups, however, are great.

-Coverage of incidents were far from acceptable. But I
imagine coverage was limited by the 1/2 hour time limit. Besides, camera coverage (with limited number of cameras) relies on luck as any photog will tell you to catch an incident from start to finish. This is not NASCAR where you cant go potty without being on film.

-I didn't time this one but the average time dedicated to actual racing durin the average Unlimited Hydro/Champ Boat TV coverage the past 2-3 years was 9-10 minutes of racing with the rest dedicated to commercials and interviews.

===========
The best points IMHO:

-There was exposure on TV.

-It made Smitty look like a nice guy, so I will go to Sarasota without fear. :eek: :drink: :drink: :D

-Interviews were short and concise and fan friendly.

-Having seen 100s of boat racing TV shows I rate this one as an B+ for effort and look forward for many more.

========