Notices

New Garage

Old 06-23-2005, 01:35 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: New Garage

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
Floor drains?? What for. I hear your boats dry 30 seconds after you put it on the trailer, or shut off the hose, in that dry air!! ( humidity usually runs about 140% here in MD, so the only thing thats completely dry around here is on fire!)
Boats dry very quickly in the 110+ temperature (dry heat) You literally don't have to dry it.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Boats dry very quickly in the 110+ temperature (dry heat) You literally don't have to dry it.

What about water spoting??????????

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388

vinegar and water and lots of wiping.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Mr. Clean Car Wash System.... highly recommended.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Mr. Clean Car Wash System.... highly recommended.
Mr. Clean works well, or another kind of water deionizer. Usually, if you are washing a boat, it will dry before you get done washing it! If you keep it waxed well, water spots are minimal...then you can use wax or Ducky's to get it off.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
vinegar and water and lots of wiping.

What does the vinegar do to the water???

Does the Mr Clean work that good? Will it work in the sun light???

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

What does the vinegar do to the water???

Does the Mr Clean work that good? Will it work in the sun light???

Vinegar and water does exactly the same thing Ducky does for about 1/100 the costs. Try it sometime, just mix it 50/50 and it will remove all your water spots. I wipe my boat off as soon as I pull it out of the water with a spray bottle with vinegar and water and clean rags. No water spots what so ever. I cant believe any body would actually pay for Ducky. It does not work any better. You can buy a gallon of generic clear vinegar for 3 or 4 bucks and mix up a ton of squirt bottles with it. It smells a little funny but it works perfect. I use it in the sun as well, I live in Az. so there is no hiding from it. Just spray a section at a time and wipe it off. Let it soak a little longer on your drive and exhaust (while you are doing the sides) and they will come clean too.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
Vinegar and water does exactly the same thing Ducky does for about 1/100 the costs. Try it sometime, just mix it 50/50 and it will remove all your water spots. I wipe my boat off as soon as I pull it out of the water with a spray bottle with vinegar and water and clean rags. No water spots what so ever. I cant believe any body would actually pay for Ducky. It does not work any better. You can buy a gallon of generic clear vinegar for 3 or 4 bucks and mix up a ton of squirt bottles with it. It smells a little funny but it works perfect. I use it in the sun as well, I live in Az. so there is no hiding from it. Just spray a section at a time and wipe it off. Let it soak a little longer on your drive and exhaust (while you are doing the sides) and they will come clean too.
This is true.....it is cheaper and does the same thing. Mr. clean wash/ rinse works great in the sun.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never heard of such things for water spots. Will have to try sometime, although we usually have all the time in the world to wipe stuff down...........
Old 06-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Registered

Water de-ionizer is the only way to go (the same as mobile detalers use). I rent one for 35 bucks a month and it makes 1500 gallons of water and drys absolutely spot free. I use it on my boat, Harley ect... plug it in and it has a light that tells you it is good to go and when the light goes off you call and they bring you a new bottle. I have had one for years and would not live without it.

I could wash my Top Gun in about an hour and the skater in about 1/2 hour because you don't have to dry. Mr. Clean IMO is a piece of $hit. It does not put out enough water to wash a boat in a realistic amount of time. I bought one to use at the ramp for quick wash downs and it went in the trash after the first use.

Very nice place Gerard, I can't wait to check it out in a couple of weeks.

P.S. Sorry if there are any gramatical errors, I just had my appendix (sp) taken out and i am doped up pretty good right now.

Quick Reply: New Garage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.