Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any easy ways to remove water spots? >

Any easy ways to remove water spots?

Notices

Any easy ways to remove water spots?

Old 06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any easy ways to remove water spots?

I'm in the process of prepping the boat for a good quality wax job, but first I must remove the stubborn water spots. I was just wondering if there's any easier way to remove them other than a buffing compound? Any spray on and wipe off products that are clear coat safe? Right now I'm using a 3M product and some major rubbing. Anyone ever tried CLR or Lime Away? Help?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts
Default Re: Any easy ways to remove water spots?

To keep water spots off my black truck i add a cap full of white vinegar to the soap mix......and dry it off when wet.....dont let it dry any by itself.
I also just got that MrClean car wash deal with the filter and soap built in......let me tell ya i am impressed!! I was sceptical about letting the truck dry on its own.....but it worked! And quite well i might add! I think i may use this on the boat once i have it done!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lime away or the ol vinegar trick mentioned above works perfect.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now I'm way past the, how to prevent water spot stage. The water spots are all ready there and I'm just trying to find out if anybody has info on removing them without too much effort? I tried some Lime Away and it worked ok, but still much effort needed, plus I'm afraid it might screw up the clearcoat. I need a product that you can spray on and gets right down to business, of course that's safe too.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

There's a product called Ducky that I use. Takes my water spots right off. old and new.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Registered

I had some nasty hard water stains and a detailer told me to use a gel toilet bowl cleaner that I got at the Dollar Store and it works great! It is similar to SnoBowl and all we did was squirt a little on, hit it lightly with a brush, let sit for 5 minutes and the marks were completely gone. He swears that he uses it all the time on the boats that he details. Good Luck!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:37 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
I also just got that MrClean car wash deal with the filter and soap built in......let me tell ya i am impressed!! I was sceptical about letting the truck dry on its own.....but it worked! And quite well i might add! I think i may use this on the boat once i have it done!
I have black truch too and real hard well water - really surprised how well that thing works! btw, the filter lasts a lot longer than they claim on package and I don't really bother with the soap portion, I use a soft brush and bucket.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2005, 01:38 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jesse James
does the vinager help remove old ones or just prevent new ones? I just bought a black vehicle (1st one since 97) and what a pita..
absolutely try Mr Clean
Old 06-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

CMG...i was sceptical about trying it but got it as a gift so why not! i was very surprised at how well it does work.....i'm not gonna use the soap either but since they gave me a bottle i figured why not nothing beats a bucket and a sponge but i can see how it would be VERY easy to just soak the truck down.....and soap up the truck in sections using the soap dispencer and just going over it with a sponge.....no bucket needed if you think about it. I did my Burban and my wifes black jeep liberty and both came out as good as if i spent the full time cleaning with bucket and sponge.....i will admit i missed a few spots on both trucks with this soap dispencer deal but ya cant expect perfection on this kind of work

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Registered

ducky. it works well for me.

Quick Reply: Any easy ways to remove water spots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.