Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck? >

What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

Notices

What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

Old 06-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

Here is story. I will give my opinion on this at the end.

About 5 months ago bought a 2005 Chev 2500HD short bed crew cab with Duramax/Allison so I could tow boat. At that time if I put the truck in company name they would give me a $1500.00 fleet discount. They were also giving an extra 1,000 points added to the points you had on a GM card, thus I had 2900 points or $2900.00 I was able to use as credit against the cost of the truck. Today we (really wife got call) from the sales man saying GM denied the 2900 points & I needed to bring them a check for $2900.00

The way I look at it is this is between the dealer & GM. If I give one of my customers a price for something, close the deal & get paid. I can not go back to them latter & say hay, the manufacture would not give me the price I thought I was going to pay so I now need more money from you.

Am I right or wrong? What is your opinion on this?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Registered

Default Re: What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

Sounds like a good question for your attorney.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

I think I would tell them to get F*ucked. You finacnced the truck or paid cash, either way if you have the title you are an OWNER and I would tell them to take a hike. They don't have a leg to stand on and don't want to take a $2900 hit. Really the salesman does not want to take the hit. If they are like the dealerships I worked for they will take $2900 out of his next paycheck as a "charge back".
Not your fault just the way the game is played and they lost this time.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

wonder if they got a check from GM on your sale that was more profit than they had originally calculated .... think they have tracked you down witha check ??????????
Old 06-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Registered

I sold cars for 5 years(but I Deni it)the deal is if u have made payments on the truck, that means the deal has been FUNDED witch mean everybody got paid and now your starting to pay back.If they did`nt use your GMpoints then the points should be still on your card.
They F*cked up ,The saying in the car biz is YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU CAN GET IT IF YOU DON'T ASK FOR IT So their asking.

If you paid CASH and you have a title, Their F*cked..
If you don,t have the title yet jerk them around till u get it.

Good luck
Old 06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have been laughing to hard to answer......
Phuckin car salesman....Them & Lawyers...jeeeez
Old 06-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

They just figured this out after 5 months Tell them to get FOOKED!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats their problem. If they needed you to sign something to get the 2900 points, thats one thing. But to bring them cash, f-em.

The dealers have a time limit, kind of like when you mail in a rebate. If you dont mail it by a certain date, then it is void. they may have missed the deadline and are trying to pass it off on you.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Registered

I had a stealer try something similar when I bought my 2500 CC Dmax/ali short bed. It's a long story but they tried to get me to resign the paper work because they had "put some things in the wrong place, (1k dealer cash) and it had to be fixed but it would not effect me one bit." I thought OK, I'll go re-sign and help them out.......I get there and they have everything ready and are trying to rush me through the process...I sign a few pages and I got this feeling that they were trying to pull some BS....So I decided to compare what my payments were on the paperwork I had just signed to my old paperwork....You guessed it, the price of the truck went up 1k. I told the finance guy to go get his general manager who had personally called me to get me to come back in to re-sign....When the GM showed up he tried to play it off that they couldn't offer what they had offered and had made a mistake....I said that it sounded like a personal problem and certainly it wasn't mine and that he had told me a blatent lie about it not effecting me....they resisted a little more until I started raising my voice near their showroom full of potential customers. The GM finally told the finance guy to "just give it to him"...to which I said "Hmmm, now it sounds like you knowlingly attempted the bait and switch...." The GM looked like a deer in the headlights who had just filled his drawers.....I've never had my ass kissed so much in my life and they never never did have me re-sign the paperwork.

I spoke with the owner the next day to let her know exactly what had happened and even offered to show her the proof. She acted pissed, but who knows if anything ever came of it...but she did send me a personal letter apologizing for the incident with about $500 worth of service coupons.

If you guys have any of those investigative news teams down there....mention to them you were thinking about running it by them. I can't think of asingle dealer that would want to be the subect of that on the evening news....

Last edited by jdnca1; 06-22-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CROWN MAN
I sold cars for 5 years(but I Deni it)the deal is if u have made payments on the truck, that means the deal has been FUNDED witch mean everybody got paid and now your starting to pay back.If they did`nt use your GMpoints then the points should be still on your card.
They F*cked up ,The saying in the car biz is YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU CAN GET IT IF YOU DON'T ASK FOR IT So their asking.

If you paid CASH and you have a title, Their F*cked..
If you don,t have the title yet jerk them around till u get it.

Good luck
Paid cash. Salesman did say that the good news(???) is we still have our poiints. I asked wife he they gave us the extra 1000 points or we just got our 1400 points.

We had used our gm card before to buy a truck & at that time they had told us we could only use a portion of our points on the new truck. So we only used that card until we were at the limit again & then stopped using the card. We had not used the card for last year or so since we had so many points accured.

Quick Reply: What would you do if Dealer wanted you to pay more after buying Truck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.