Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Have you seen a 'toon like this? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106197-have-you-seen-toon-like.html)

Sydwayz 06-23-2005 12:16 PM

Have you seen a 'toon like this?

3 Attachment(s)
Tim & Penny at Smith Mountain Lake, VA have this wicked Tritoon with twin 2.5s on jack plates that runs about 72mph. I can't take all the photo credits as some are by Blue By You/Jim. Rest assured, you if you see a 'toon with a Skull on the front, sit back and watch this show. This thing thows a rooster off the back just like their 30 Eliminator with twin Procharged 500EFIs.

I heard there is on one LOTO that runs in the 80s, but that is flat shootout conditions. I have seen this boat run at top end in open lake conditions with some 12-18" chop, and its a sight to see.

Sean H 06-23-2005 12:18 PM

Re: Have you seen a 'toon like this?

1 Attachment(s)
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Sydwayz 06-23-2005 12:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics:

Outlawcowgirl 06-23-2005 12:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
LOTO racing toon...twin 496 HOs.

sonic31 06-23-2005 12:40 PM

Theres was a guy out here on the lakes that had one last year, it did in the 70's, he blew by my buddies mirage at 60 like we were standing still, amazing :eek:

Sean H 06-23-2005 01:13 PM

i also wouldn't call the shootout flat conditions, it is also about 12-18" considering all the traffic moving around and the rollers still coming down..

i think the one with 300x's has been 85-87 now.....

dkwestern 06-23-2005 01:16 PM

Those are awesome. Perfect for inland lakes, speed and party time!! :cool:

Sydwayz 06-23-2005 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i also wouldn't call the shootout flat conditions, it is also about 12-18" considering all the traffic moving around and the rollers still coming down..

i think the one with 300x's has been 85-87 now.....

That's SICK impressive. I want one with a single NA monster cube BB, like 600-650ci. The cam lope would be unreal. It would probably try to come on plane with each revolution. :D

carney 06-23-2005 04:19 PM

we have a guy in the finger lakes that has one with a small block . sounds good and runs great , I have no idea what speeds he is getting.

Tim G. 06-23-2005 04:28 PM

Nice job on the rigging...... :eek: You wouldn't catch me in that 'toon...

Blue by You 06-23-2005 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=Sydwayz]Tim & Penny at Smith Mountain Lake, VA have this wicked Tritoon with twin 2.5s on jack plates that runs about 72mph. I can't take all the photo credits as some are by Blue By You/Jim.

I've seen one just like that!!!

Sean H 06-23-2005 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That's SICK impressive. I want one with a single NA monster cube BB, like 600-650ci. The cam lope would be unreal. It would probably try to come on plane with each revolution. :D

the one that outlawcowgirl posted is sick too... i can't remember if they were mags or HO's, but either way you got over 750 Hp on your pontoon.... :eek: :evilb: :D

Sean H 06-23-2005 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Nice job on the rigging...... :eek: You wouldn't catch me in that 'toon...

i am sure he used plenty of zip ties and duct tape.... :D

JaayTeee 06-23-2005 05:03 PM

A friend of mine told me they
pro charged the Big I/O unit in
post # 4 this year:eek:

As I recall, the thing ran 65
in the Shootout last year.

Blue by You 06-23-2005 05:18 PM

When are we going to see one of these in a poker run? This would make the ultimate chick mobile. You could put like 10 people on this with pleanty of room.

docmanrich37 06-23-2005 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You
When are we going to see one of these in a poker run? This would make the ultimate chick mobile. You could put like 10 people on this with pleanty of room.

I' ll take mine if Patty rides on it up front with her new blue thong with white lighting on them.Stop smiling Patty and laughing i know you want too.lol :D

dykstra 06-23-2005 05:38 PM

sweet ride

Outlawcowgirl 06-23-2005 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
the one that outlawcowgirl posted is sick too... i can't remember if they were mags or HO's, but either way you got over 750 Hp on your pontoon.... :eek: :evilb: :D

I am pretty sure they were HOs. I met they guy at the St. Louis boat show this year. I told him he was crazy for doing that. Then he asked me what I was running, I told him and called me nuts! :D He is a real nice guy and even offered to take me for a ride the next time I was at LOTO...I would LOVE to take him up on that. I think it is great!!!

mwdill 06-23-2005 09:12 PM

there is a guy down here at SML that has one with a big block sounds weird coming from a toon but good, not sure what speed he is seeing.

FOUNTAINATLAST 06-23-2005 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by sonic31
Theres was a guy out here on the lakes that had one last year, it did in the 70's, he blew by my buddies mirage at 60 like we were standing still, amazing :eek:

I've heard about this toon running around the chain. Rumor has it it runs mid 70's and has embarressed alot of boaters???!!! :eek:

MitchStellin 06-23-2005 09:28 PM

Too much money, not enough brains. I am sorry, all this will do is take more people with it when it hooks some day.