04 nordic 28 heat mid cuddy??? >

04 nordic 28 heat mid cuddy???

Notices

04 nordic 28 heat mid cuddy???

Old 09-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply,
do you mean the hull gets unsteady in the rough or are you afraid to break the hull? My Hustler is unsteady in the rough, a little bit silly boat, but when you can handle her itīs more fun than she wouldnt do this. But i had never felt i could destroy the hull. The Hustler runs 69 w/ 502 MPI
Old 09-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Boat wasn't fast enough to get unsteady. I wasn't afraid the hull would break but I wouldn't run it as hard as I'd run a Pantera or any of the Long Island boats just in case. I had a big investment since we ordered it new and didn't feel like busting it up. Maybe someone with disregard for their investment in a Heat could chime in, but I kept it in mint shape and it sold fast.

The ride was hard in the chop. As a comparison, Pantera's I've been in rode smoother due to the hull design and felt more solid and at home when it kicked up. Same with Progressions...haven't been in the other ones.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Registered

I spent a lot of time looking at Nordic boats over the last couple of years. I initially targeted the 28 heat. I looked at several of them and them came across a couple of 35 flames. After looking at the 35 flame, my taste changed and the heat was of less interest. Shortly after making up my mind to order a new 35 flame, Thane at Nordic called me about a 42 inferno they had and I bought it.

I have been very happy with the service and attention that Nordic has provided. In fact, my father in law just ordered one of their deck boats. I live in Houston, TX and was more than willing to make the long distance deal dispute several closer manufacturers.

In regards to the 28 heat: It is a good boat with a unique layout. I am not sure if you are looking at the closed or open bow, but either would be a definite top pick for a boat in that size range. As some have said, their may be better rough water only boats, but you will be hard pressed to find a better all around boat. Once thing you might consider is looking at a 2008 or newer model as the ones prior to that had wood in them. No issue, just a turn off for some. The only issue I can identify with the boat was the space between the bolster seats and the rear bench. There was room, but I desire more. For reference, my last boat was a Wellcraft 23 Nova Spyder and the cockpit area was a little larger than the 28 heat.

In regards to the 496HO, it is a good motor. I have a friend who has a 25 rage with it and he is just under if not right at 70 with it. The heat will probably be mid sixties ish with it. Go to the 525 or even a little better and you will have a rocket!

I have looked until I went blind at various Nordics. Feel free to PM me your number and I will give you some more info...
Old 09-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Registered

I have a heat with a 525. It runs 77-79, best of 82. Rides great in the type of water it was designed for. Well built and looks great. Wind right in your eyes like Indy says but that's why they make goggles. I run it in the ocean when conditions allow, but it is more at home in the bay. Very predictable and well behaved boat. Good sized cabin but cockpit could be bigger. It is a good boat.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:36 AM
Registered

Thanks for your replys. Has anybody a real weight of a closed bow 28 Heat?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Registered

Nordic lists it at 4600 lbs. I've never had reason to weigh mine.