Loto Chopper Crash

Old 06-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Loto Chopper Crash

Originally Posted by BlownRat
Sounds terrible!

Hope everyone is OK!

This sport cannot take these "weekly" hits.

It seems we make headlines a lot!

I know that it seems fast boats are becomeing a problem, but keep in mind, the two guys that were in SPEED RACER both have tons of experience and both had life jackets and helmets on, and still they never took the boat over 70MPH because of the traffic on the lake. The Helo was done with them and they were long gone by the time it went down. let's not put this in that catagory!
Old 06-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drivin
I know that it seems fast boats are becomeing a problem, but keep in mind, the two guys that were in SPEED RACER both have tons of experience and both had life jackets and helmets on, and still they never took the boat over 70MPH because of the traffic on the lake. The Helo was done with them and they were long gone by the time it went down. let's not put this in that catagory!
You are right, one has nothing to do with the other but the sad part is that some people will try to put the blame on the power boats instead of where it should be.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Glad to hear everyone is ok... Jamie, sorry about the loss of your equipment... But it's all replaceable.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:06 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when speedracer came by my house the chopper was about 8-10' off the deck of the boat..... now i would call that an agressive chopper pilot, right james? i am glad to hear they are alright though, all that other stuff is replaceable, but i bet some of those shots of speedracer were pretty cool...
Old 06-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
when speedracer came by my house the chopper was about 8-10' off the deck of the boat..... now i would call that an agressive chopper pilot, right james? i am glad to hear they are alright though, all that other stuff is replaceable, but i bet some of those shots of speedracer were pretty cool...
Better than 70' to 100', R-44's handle it better than 22's. hope Jamie had a rider on the gear, found out when my Formula went down they are not covered by home owners on the water From what I understand they are ok considering what they went through.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad that everyone was ok.

Jon
Old 06-26-2005, 06:35 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jeaston
Better than 70' to 100', R-44's handle it better than 22's. hope Jamie had a rider on the gear, found out when my Formula went down they are not covered by home owners on the water From what I understand they are ok considering what they went through.

i remember at the time thinking i hope he doesn't catch an oversized cruiser wake and trip that helo... that's how close he was to the water and speedracer...

Last edited by Sean H; 06-26-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Registered

i remember at the time i hope he doesn't catch an oversized cruiser wake and trip that helo... that's how close he was to the water and speedracer...
I hope I never have to go through that experience, 20' from the boat I can get your nose hairs.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:58 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Would it be rude to ask how the pilot is?

While he as captain IS responsible , I'm sure he lost a lot also !

Hope you are allright as well .
i think bumped and bruised was the story for all, very lucky..
Old 06-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Registered

More like a reckless chopper pilot.A R22 is primarily used for training with a top speed of 103kt.Anyone who flies like that is A BOLD PILOT and like my father a retired navy pilot has always said''THERE ARE OLD PILOTS AND BOLD PILOTS ,BUT NOT OLD AND BOLD!I am sure the FAA will have a few words with this pilot!

Quick Reply: Loto Chopper Crash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.