Notices

Loto Chopper Crash

Old 06-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Loto Chopper Crash

Having some experience 3' seems to be an exagerration. It may seem like 3' but a slight "bump" in the wind and yer toast at speed. The altimeter won't register 3' so is has to be a guestimate. The pilot was surely encouraged to do what he did and got steady work because of it. We can't completely blame him although he did splash his rig. The FAA will ask what happened and he will tell them there was a sudden down draft during a low altitude photo shoot. I am glad no one was hurt. I have been in a plane that was a 20', the plane ran out of fuel, the pilot had to switch tanks and restart the engine....

Freakin nuts but we pulled out OK. Yes we should have looked at the fuel earlier but that low flying stuff is a riot and just like fast boats, you throw a little caution to the wind.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Registered

Does anyone know when they will try to bring the chopper up? And who has any video? Someone said that they had video of the chopper but not the crash, We need any video if any.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Registered

Yes I have video just of him flying about 3 feet above the water next to the boat in front of us, the pilot is ok, the chopper only had 22hrs on it and as soon as he was done with us he was suppose to be back in Kansas City for another shoot, Jamie said the pilot talked to his boss and the boss said don't worry about coming back, so I am guessing he lost his job, if you want the video it is very shaky we were doing about 65 you can give me a call at 614-348-2076-MATT
Old 06-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

for those of you that haven't met Jamie, he is a crazy SOB.........he takes unbelivable pictures. Like Ron P said its his second helicopter crash.....i am glad to hear all is ok..........Tom
Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
Did anyone get photos of the chopper that crashed in LOTO today.

Jamie Russell was shooting photos of Speed Racer when the chopper got too close to the water and went in. No one was hurt but Jamie lost all the film and his cameras.

Photos would be great if anyone got them.
Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt. When I was looking for a Photographer for our club they all requested being able to interview the Pilot before agreeing to shoot for us. After this story I can see why.

Dan
Old 06-26-2005, 11:40 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Yes I have video just of him flying about 3 feet above the water next to the boat in front of us, the pilot is ok, the chopper only had 22hrs on it and as soon as he was done with us he was suppose to be back in Kansas City for another shoot, Jamie said the pilot talked to his boss and the boss said don't worry about coming back, so I am guessing he lost his job, if you want the video it is very shaky we were doing about 65 you can give me a call at 614-348-2076-MATT
can you e-mail it to me and I will host it?? sangercat@aol
Old 06-28-2005, 06:01 AM
Registered

Has anyone talked to either of them? Am curious what shot they were trying to get being that close. This was 100' +/- away. Hlo might have had a problem.
Attached Thumbnails Loto Chopper Crash-iw4i4530-8x12-small.jpg  
Old 06-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Registered

They were only suppose to get deck shots for promos for the Black Thunder ralley, Jamie told the pilot that over and over and the pilot was putting him right on the boats, and a hlo would have been fine it has the power to pull up when swoping as low as they were to the water, the r-22 has no power and when diving down and the pilot only giving himself 3 foot clearance from the water there is not much room for error, the chopter just didn't have enough ass to pull up from that dive, these are not my words either I know nothing about chopters this comes right from Jamies mouth.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

Real quick too, I forgot to mention I live at loto and am trying it find out when they are pulling that chopter up for two reasons, one I want to get shot of it coming up and two Jamie mentioned there is a hat he lost during the crash that meant a lot to him and am hoping it is still tied up in the wreckage somehow it is an old fishing style hat with a navy seal patch and an MIA logo on it, if you hear anything please let me know.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hat? I think its more of a bandana.
Attached Thumbnails Loto Chopper Crash-jamie-2a.jpg  

Quick Reply: Loto Chopper Crash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.